Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

SOLD OUT Redeeming gift cards with points

Contributor

SOLD OUT Redeeming gift cards with points

How is it that by 6AM on the East coast some gift cards (ex: Amazon $5 for 22,000 points) are already sold out and have not yet been posted the night before at 9PM? Items must be posted and more convenient to West coast time zones.....?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm on the west coast and see the same thing at 5am. If they get posted very late in the evening say midnight that only benefits those on the east coast as they are up 3 hours earlier than us on the west coast. They should put this stuff out in the middle of the day so it's fair for all. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I'm on the west coast so I started at 9pm. I saw the $5 Target gift card and it took me almost two hours to finally complete the task and even after that it took even longer to get the Congrats to confirm that I had card and wait for the email. I'm almost there to say forget it. And for me I always have to call to get the link it never shows up in my inbox since January of this year.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have never had those problems except getting through on the daily deal.....I did just score a huge $5 gift card from the popcorn factory!  Still available 24 hours later, not a great accomplishment......So your the one that got the last Target card.....🤣

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

They always have trouble each month with the Extra Credit.  Actually it is fairer for people on the west coast.  It always takes 1 to 2 hours to muddle through their mess and get the cards.  So for the west coast that is 10 or 11 PM.  The east coast is up until 1 to 2 AM.  And the central is up to 12 to 1am.  It is not that the people on the east coast wake up and get the cards, but rather they are up into the middle of the night getting the cards.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@shamit 

Honestly, I don't have any idea, but if they ( big brother ) can do away with Daylight Savings Time, then why can't they do the same for the Time Zones ? What is it based on ? the sun, moon or maybe the tide. What is the big deal ? Why can't it be 6 am across the country ? Ok, Ok, I didn't pay attention in grade school 🤣 😂

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP