Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Problems with videos: Error Code MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED

Silver Conversationalist

Problems with videos: Error Code MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED

[I’m not sure how to ‘move a topic’ but what I posted in the ‘Redemption’ forum should be here in the ‘help’ section, so I’m going to repost it here for now. Also not sure who to ask ....so the ones I know are 

@sandy  @AARPTeri  & @AARPJanelleM  ]

Anyone else having problems with videos either not loading.... or loading but not playing?

This just started after the new month began...

In Firefox videos won’t play...

get Error Code MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED....

...& in MS Edge some play....& give points ....others won’t

...or they finish... but no points!!!

[The last image is from my friend @Jason2020LovesKelly who was having the same problems]

ErrorCode: MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTEDErrorCode: MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTEDErrorCode MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTEDErrorCode MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTEDVideo just swirls around never loadingVideo just swirls around never loadingmy friend @Jason2020  was having the same problemsmy friend @Jason2020 was having the same problems

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Update: I deleted my post in the ‘Redemption’ forum.....

not that anyone cares....LOL! 😀

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@Therapist4u Thanks for reaching out! The AARP Rewards site works best in Google Chrome; if you continue to experience site issues, you may want to try out Google Chrome instead.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @AARPJanelleM

Thank you kindly for your response. 💐

Sorry for delay....I just happened to look at this post today & saw your reply...don’t know why I never got a notice like I usually do.

While Google Chrome may work best I already have 2 browsers: Firefox worked fine for a long time until after the new month began..I’m still working on it.

Edge is working better on loading & playing ....but it’s SO slow..& some vids still have errors...on those I found that refreshing the page will often make it play like normal.

Take care ~Allen 🌈

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Googled and got this --->  MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support

Search further with the error code.  

MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED

🤔

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks my friend @OneDayMatisyahu  😊

I’ll work on it tomorrow

Since this just happened as the new month started there may have been some type of update issue on AARPs side that contributes to this in Firefox...

Edge is working better on loading & playing ....

but it’s SO slow loading new tabs & on some websites that have lots of security in place....like the timers on AARPs videos... & how it detects if it thinks you’re not watching the whole video 🤔 ....or if it thinks you’re working on another open tab

Whatever! 🙄 LOL! 😀

Take care ~Allen 🌈

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP