Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Printing an Article from aarp.org

Your print function is not working.  I wanted to print out an article from from aarp,org and some of the article is overwritten with website links and other text.  Is there a way just to print the article without the overtypes and extraneous text?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Periodic Contributor

I wanted to print "Selling Your Home?  Check Out This One-Year Countdown."  I was able to print the article cleanly through reader mode with Microsoft Edge (did not want to add an extension to my preferred browser Chrome).  Thank you but this is the first time I had to use reader mode to print out an article from a website with a printer button. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to print a different article ("Medicare's $35 insulin copy deal could be tricky to get" published on 11/1/22) without all the extraneous "stuff". I use Microsoft Edge but when I go into the Immersive Reader it only displays the first page of the article - not the whole article - and I am unable to advance to the next page. Thus, can't print the whole article. Is there a secret to this that you can share? What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@niusenka I'm seeing the same result using the Immersive Reader in Microsoft Edge; you're not doing anything wrong! Please try using a different browser or method mentioned in the article: https://www.aarp.org/home-family/personal-technology/info-2021/web-page-printing-tips.html

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@js57749779 Let's look into this. Which article are you trying to print? You may want to try switching to reader mode on your browser before printing; check out more details and additional help here: https://www.aarp.org/home-family/personal-technology/info-2021/web-page-printing-tips.html

Periodic Contributor

I wanted to print "Selling Your Home?  Check Out This One-Year Countdown."  I was able to print the article cleanly through reader mode with Microsoft Edge (did not want to add an extension to my preferred browser Chrome).  Thank you but this is the first time I had to use reader mode to print out an article from a website with a printer button. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

AARP needs to fix this problem since it is happening to many, including me, and make it easier on us senior folks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP