Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Opt out of printed magazine and bulletin?

Contributor

Opt out of printed magazine and bulletin?

Hi.  I'm astonished that I can't find an option to opt out of the printed magazine and bulletin.  Please point me to how to do this if I've missed it.  If I can't do this for myself, please fix this for me AND put in a feature request to make this an option members can choose for themselves.  I would be very disappointed in AARP's level of environmental consciousness if this isn't already an option, and will re-evaluate my desire to continue as a member if it doesn't become an option.  Thanks.  --Robert

Hi can you remove me from the mailing list for the AARP Bulletin and AARP The Magazine? Thanks! Karen

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@kf4459 I sure can! The publications will fully stop being delivered within 4-6 weeks due to pre-printed mailing labels. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Please opt me out of both the AARP Magazine and the AARP Bulletin. Opting out should be much easier, BTW. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@md31053443 You got it! Please allow up to 4-6 weeks for the publications to fully stop. I have also taken note of your feedback. I'm always here to help!

Community Concierge

@RobertR460224 You got it, Robert! I have processed your request and you can expect the publications to stop being delivered within 4-6 weeks due to pre-printed mailing labels. If you're interested in checking out the AARP Bulletin and AARP The Magazine on the AARP Publications app, I invite you to visit www.aarp.org/publications-app for more info 

Contributor

Please remove me as well. I have requested this through the other suggested methods and the magazines are still coming. Please, make them stop!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @Traumajnke, I've updated your mailing preferences. Please allow 6-12 weeks for any mailings from AARP and our service providers to stop completely. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I would also like to opt out of the Bulletin and Magazine.  Thank you.

Rebecca
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@Rebecca2004 You got it! Those will stop being delivered to you within 6 weeks. I'm always here to help! 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you.

Rebecca
Contributor

Thank you!  

Contributor

I cannot find the stop printed publications and documents.  Please process a request from me to stop all paper products coming my way. - Graham

Community Concierge

@vbuster Sounds good. I was able to stop the AARP publications for your membership. They will fully stop within 4-6 weeks. Please let me know if there are any additional mailings that you would like me to stop. 

Please stop the AARP Magazine and AARP Bulletin on my membership as well as mailings from service providers. I also request to add that option so that it can be done by members in the future.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@SourenT949091 Done! The mailings will stop within 12 weeks due to pre-printed mailing labels. I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos

Please remove me from the printed materials as well. You should really have that as an option on your site.

Community Concierge

@k584327b Let me help. Are you requesting to have all of your membership mailings stopped as well? This includes the renewal notices as well as the AARP Magazine and AARP Bulletin. 

Contributor

Please opt out of the snail mail paper delivery of the Magazine and Bulletin for my account.   I looked and looked and looked for an option to manage this myself and concur with other commenters above that this is something that needs to be added.  I too am one who would consider discontinuing membership over mail I have no control over.    Thanks for your help!

I also would like to opt out of the bulletin and magazine.  My community user name is: MichaelW514349.  [PERSONAL INFO REMOVED].  Thanks

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MichaelW514349 Sounds good, Michael! I was able to stop those publications and they will stop being delivered to you within 4-6 weeks. Also, I edited your post to remove your email address since this is a public forum. I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I, too, would like to discontinue receiving the paper copies of the Magazine and Bulletin. What information do you need to do this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DonnaB333065 Hey Donna, I can help! I located your membership using the email address associated with your login and stopped delivery of the Magazine and Bulletin for your membership. Please allow up to 4-6 weeks for them to fully stop due to pre-printed mailing labels. 

Contributor

I would also like to opt out of all printed AARP mailings (including magazine, etc) for my membership.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JustinT266807 Here to help, Justin! I was able to process your request, feel free to let me know if there's anything further I can do! 

0 Kudos

I would also like to opt out of all printed AARP mailings for my membership

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@RoberyD894735 You got it. I located your membership and stopped your printed membership mailings. The pre-printed mailings will fully stop being delivered to your mailbox within 4-6 weeks. I'm here to help!

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MichaelM894304 All done! Let me know if there's anything further I can do, I'm here to help! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP