Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Membership renewal mailings

I enjoy the AARP magazine and newspaper articles.  I've had this membership for several years now, but have noticed the last several years that when I renew in May, I then continue to receive several notices until July that my membership is about to expire.  I received my membership cards in the mail this past week (right after July 4) and also received another renewal membership notice the same day. This was my 4th reminder.   Maybe these departments can be coordinated to cross reference info?  Would save on my recycling the numerous mailings that I've received in the last 2 months.  I renew online so that info should be processed in a timely manner.  

Contributor

This organization is mentally incapable of stopping annoying people with marketing. They're worse than big pharma or an insurance company, which is really what they are.  all they know how to do is market and mail out junk nobody wants.  they're annoying as heck

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DebraM122273 Thank you for being a valued part of AARP! Our mailing labels are pre-printed up to 4-6 weeks in advance; any renewal notices that you receive after a payment has cleared can be disregarded as pre-printed content. 

We now offer the Automatic Renewal membership option that reduces the number of renewal notices that are sent. With Automatic Renewal, you will only receive one renewal notice in the mail and one via email when your membership is up for renewal. If you'd like to explore this option, I invite you to check out our site: https://info.aarp.org/org-ttar-cust-accord/?campaignid=AEMAUU001

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

How to reduce your renewal notices - log into account, select “

my account, select communications preferences, select limited renewal notices

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. JanelleM I really wasn't referring to mail, on my Rewards page it says something about My membership is ending soon and I should renew my membership. What is wrong with these IT guys. They can put that on my Rewards page but they can't fix my Rewards page. What I want to know now, how do I request a refund for a partial members benefits. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@al45009948 I understand, I responded to your other thread yesterday. Here's that reply in case you missed it: https://community.aarp.org/t5/General/Somebody-Help-Me-Please/m-p/2458741#M3346

While we hope to keep your support and membership, I understand if you wish to cancel your membership to receive a refund. I can process this for you if needed, just let me know. 

0 Kudos

Same here, Complete waste of money!  Why should I donate? So, They can send out more renewal cards etc.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Member -

How to reduce your renewal notices - log into account, select “

my account, select communications preferences, select limited renewal notices

Members & non-members (including past resident mail)…

How to stop AARP USPS marketing mailers…

Visit their website, privacy policy at very bottom of webpage, data choices, communication

https://www.aarp.org/forms/privacy-opt-out-form-new.html?cmp=RDRCT-10563123-20200402

AARP - NY Life - email removal request to mailto:privacy@newyorklife.com

AARP - Hartford life - email removal request to - ConsumerPrivacyInquiriesMailbox@thehartford.com

AARP - United healthcare - email removal request to - uhg_consumer_affairs@uhg.com

NOTE: If the mailer appeared in your USPS informed delivery - this service emails you daily the USPS mail/packages to be delivered - attach the mailer as reference.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Screenshot_20220709-175120.pngHello everyone ?. I too renewed my membership online June 9 2022, but I only see this on my Blank Rewards page . I know that this isn't the correct place to post this, but I have to complain wherever I can. I'm going to post my complaint in a different section. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP