Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gift bluetooth speaker defective?

I just opened up, charged and connected my Bluetooth speaker to my phone.  Unfortunately the only sound that comes out of it is static 😞  It is connected but won't play sounds.  What should I do?

Contributor

At least a sound comes out of yours. Mine won't take a charge.

Useless

Community Concierge

@terri0329 So sorry to hear that you received a defective Bluetooth speaker, Terri! I was able to order you a replacement and you will receive it within 3-4 weeks by mail. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Same here. Followed instructions and it just keeps beeping after it connects. Judging by the size, the speaker in the cell most likely sounds better. Shame on you AARP.

Community Concierge

@ChrisH856853 A replacement Bluetooth speaker is on the way! You will receive it within 3-4 weeks via mail. Once it ships, you will be able to track it online: Where Is My Free AARP Gift? Thank you for being a member!

My Bluetooth said it was connected and no sound. The volume knob is broken, just another piece of junk from china.

I can’t even get mine to pair with my iPhone.  How do i get this replaced?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi Peggy. For information on how to pair your Bluetooth speaker to your iPhone, please click on https://www.aarp.org/home-family/personal-technology/info-2020/how-to-use-bluetooth.html#:~:text=Act...  Please let me know if this works. - Stephen K.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Same here.  So far zero benefits for joining.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@RussellG665528 Welcome to our family, Russell. I'm sorry to hear that your gift arrived broken. You can expect to receive a replacement within 3-4 weeks via mail. I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Contributor

My Bluetooth speaker arrived yesterday and the volume button is not working properly and is so low no matter how I try to turn it louder. Who do I contact for a replacement speaker to be sent? Thank you in advance.

Community Concierge

@JMKerr Your request has been processed and you can expect to receive your replacement within 3-4 weeks by mail. I appreciate your support and please let me know if there's anything further I can do!

Contributor

Thank you!! 

Community Concierge

@JMKerr You're welcome! 😊

Contributor

Greetings! Thanks for the free blue tooth speaker but it doesn't connect. The volume button is stuck. Can I exchange it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DavidN680399 So sorry to hear that you received a defective Bluetooth speaker, David! I was able to order you a replacement and you will receive it within 3-4 weeks by mail. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP