Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Generac Whole House Generators

GeneracScan.png This ad appeared in a recent AARP publication.  We did order a generator, and called to verify the extended warranty.  The person who answered expressed, in my opinion, a condescending "go to hell" attitude, and informed me that this didn't apply to our purchase, which occurred on 8/7/2020.  I finally decided to look at the "terms and conditions," to see what their excuse was for not honoring the offer.  

As it turns out, although extensively advertised to U.S. citizens, the offer is valid only in Australia.  I consider this an attempt to deceive, as very few purchasers would be expecting such an ad, posted in an American publication would have anything to do with offers available exclusively in Australia.  People rarely bother to look at "terms and conditions," as they are generally very lengthy and tedious reading.  

I believe the plan is to "hook" purchasers, who then place the order before discovering the unexpected loophole.  What a tacky business practice!

I could find no way to contact AARP marketing, so I hope this receives some notice.  I really think AARP should refuse to place Generac's ads in their publications, as long as they are this misleading.  After all, I don't believe AARP wants to be complicit in this kind of misleading endeavor.   

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @AaronE181020, we take feedback and complaints about companies that advertise with us seriously. Please give us a call when you have a moment so we can properly escalate this issue: 888 687 2277. Thank you.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP