Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Games not working

For several weeks there have been problems with the games on AARP and it is not being addressed! The games don't load properly  and is no longer fun. Coming to AARP is now just a nuisance and stressful. For a long time the games were helpful for my cognitive issues but now it is just aggravation and not worth my time. WHY is it not being corrected or addressed???

Periodic Contributor

I really enjoy playing Hurdle, but lately it loads maybe 1 out of 10 times I try.  the screen says "loading" and never changes.  It's a shame - seems like someone might want to take a look and fix it. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Litlolme2 | @JohnC488083 | @sh649 | @rs77117059 | @mspitz09 

UPDATE: I have tested this, and I can access the games by going here: https://www.aarp.org/games/category/all-games/. I clicked on the game I wanted to play, and I got into the game. FYI.

AARPTeri just made this announcement:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/General-Help/Accessing-Games-on-AARP-Technicial-Issue/m-p/2546338/high...

@AARPTeri wrote ‎03-27-2024 10:55 AM:

We are aware of an issue users are experiencing with accessing games on AARP.org.  We are working to resolve this ASAP.  Thank you for your patience.

Also, there's more discussion about the game issues today, here:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/General-Help/Cannot-Access-Games/m-p/2546265#M2608

Contributor

Same here.  The issue began for me today.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I totally agree! There’s the menu that keeps covering your game and it has an x to close it. It still happens. I play the daily mini crossword and today trying to play the game I got a flashing screen and then an ad. Getting tired of the problems!

Contributor

I I totally agree with you.   I enjoyed the games and was going to rejoin so I could play some of the members only games and then this happened.  It is stressing me out  as well .  After this month I will try other sites for games and will not join if it is not resolved.

Contributor

Same here. Coincidentally, my iPad has been turning off (and it’s not from low battery). 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi Litolme2! AARP has had an issue with the games and the banner. It has not been an easy fix. We have found as a temporary fix, turning off the ad blocker. This issue has impacted those on desk top computers more so then others. Here is a possible fix for the slowness and not loading: If your browser is up to date and your cookies are cleared, the problem may be related to the speed of your internet connection. (be sure your browser is up to date, if it is, you can clear the cookies, close the browser and open up in Google Chrome) To check your internet speed:

1. Go to speedtest.net.
  2. Perform a speed test. 
  3. If your speed is less than 2 MB/s, please contact your internet service provider. They should help you investigate your connectivity issues. -Sue J
0 Kudos
Contributor

Browser is up to date; cookies are cleared; internet speed is fine; games page still doesn't load correctly.  Today, for example, I have been able to play 3 games, but could not get Word Wipe or Lumeno to open although they now show as having been played! 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

I'm sorry you are experiencing an issue, j996714c. If you can use the Google Chrome browser, it will be better for the games. When you are done playing, be sure to exit our of AARP completely. Try again tomorrow, if you still have an issue, please let us know. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I was on DuckDuckGo, an ad blocker, and I took it off and I STILL have the problem with the banner flying all over the place and change my screen.  This is so frustrating and so hard to play the games.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP