Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Avoid the ucards now they're too complex to understand and the reps can't answer anything

Regular Contributor

Avoid the ucards now they're too complex to understand and the reps can't answer anything

As of right now this ucard crap is just that. crap It's being advertised as making it easy but the reality is far from easy. It's so overly unnecessarily complex it's just a complete waste of time.

So you can fully understand this topic, you have to know what's happened to me all my life with the entire system as a whole.

First of all stop sending your info out about this in the form of what looks like JUNK MAIL. Everyone who owns a legitimate business in today's day and age, full well knows since there are a ton of scams loan companies that want to wrangle you into their rates and crap, and credit card offers, NOT TO SEND OUT THE ACTUAL BENEFITS BEING GIVEN OUT IN THE FORM OF JUNK MAIL OR ADVERTISING SCAM LETTERS AND ENVELOPE.

When I'm asked did i get a package explaining what was given my answer is I don't know, I might have, but if you set it up in the form off junk mail or open immediately then NO I thew it out because it's junk mail. The same with getting calls NO ONE FROM UNTIED HEALTH CARE WILL CALL YOU, so anyone claiming to be a representative is going to get hung up on and not paid attention to.

Asking me if I went to the website because everything is explained on there...NO because the entire health care system is a mess and to this day I cannot even answer the question of who my provider even is. I literally cannot answer a single question about anything I have about any of it. So why the hell would I ever go on the website to read even more crap I don't understand. On top of that the websites are impossible to navigate through. I had to have a rep on the phone literally tell me what to click on to navigate to a place on it that there is no possible way anyone would ever be able to find..And when I did arrive where I was directed to there was no log in so there was no possible way to determine what I even had for coverage or what was offered.

According to what I've been told I'm supposed to have prescription but I don't believe there even is such a thing in the USA because for the past 25 years every single time I've gotten a prescription always have to pay out of my pocket for it..So I will argue with anyone that there is no such thing as prescription coverage in the USA.

Don't even get me started with Dental.

That is just a small background of the problems and things people might ask if I did or tried that I wanted to cover before writing this.

So after everything I just explained above now along comes the ucard thing that is supposed to make things simple and easy, but instead makes an already complex system even 100 times more complex.

now onto the ucard crap

I talked to at least 8 different reps in the past week, and each individual rep had information and or knew something, the others didn't. The only reason I happen to know about this is because some weird off chance situation, my wife somehow got into talking toa  rep that explained there was some new cards they put out. The fact is, if she never managed to get into that conversation, we both would have thrown out the card itself and never knew.

Here is the situation I've been able to piece together so far and it took me about a week to get all this information which I believe is still a ways off from everything about this:

There are 5 different entities involved in this mess

Medicare, Medicaid, United healthcare, AARP, and The ucard reps.

There are also way too many cards involved (I actually don't even know how many because this is such a mess.

A white card, a blue card, your health card, your aarp card some food card.

I was told by different reps this information

Only one card is used because it does everything, you need 2 cards because each card does something the other doesn't do only 1 person I talked to even knew about the food card.

Supposedly the blue card is your new benefit card but yet the blue card is nothing but an added benefit to your current setup.

The reps said the blue card is what you use, while AARP says no it's not. But the blue card cannot be used for medical and co-pay because that's what the white one is for, but another rep said no the blue card is for medical but can't pay utilities, while another rep said no the blue one is for utilities but not prescriptions and use the white one for prescriptions Now no one knows what card they have to bring anywhere, what it's used for, or how.

Enough with the catalog as well. I haven't even seen the catalog and wasn't even aware of it until

No one seems to be able to explain when the cards get loaded or how much get loaded onto them. A paper I got said yearly, but one rep said no it's monthly, yet another rep said it's quarterly which is once every 3 months. The amounts that are supposed to be allotted based off a $250 average but have no starting or ending amount, so this amount is unknown to the person.

YOU DO NOT NEED 16 cards with 80 people from 6 agencies involved in this especially when every person can't even answer basic questions.

Until this is straightened out I suggest EVERYONE just avoid this like the plague

You are so right.What the U card does not tell you is that it is a rip off scam! They tell me now after the fact that any thing that you have not spent by the end of the month you lose, that may not sound that bad at first but then the have not got me my card untill the end of the month and ONLY $50.oo on the card every 3 months, that is a rip off!! (= Only $16.67 a month and they try to even steal that back lol) totally pathetic. Like I said at the start it is a scam! Just to get you on their insurance. Look around and use something other than U card. In the ad they promised money back every month but in reality it is next to nothing and only every 3 months, I don't know about you but would call that exploration of the elderly!! Let's face the facts (truth). My guess is that is why only get money every 3 months so you will forget when there is money on the card so they can steal it back at the end of the mouth you only get it every 3 months but they steal it back in 1 month (give it out very slow but take it back very fast that is their plan)! They think people are to dumb to see what they are doing. Someone should be locked up over this. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/8/24) @KeithN323189 , thank you for posting this! NEVER had one and will NEVER have one.  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** KEITH @KeithN323189 wrote:

You are so right.What the U card does not tell you is that it is a rip off scam! They tell me now after the fact that any thing that you have not spent by the end of the month you lose, that may not sound that bad at first but then the have not got me my card untill the end of the month and ONLY $50.oo on the card every 3 months, that is a rip off!! (= Only $16.67 a month and they try to even steal that back lol) totally pathetic. Like I said at the start it is a scam! Just to get you on their insurance. Look around and use something other than U card. In the ad they promised money back every month but in reality it is next to nothing and only every 3 months, I don't know about you but would call that exploration of the elderly!! Let's face the facts (truth). My guess is that is why only get money every 3 months so you will forget when there is money on the card so they can steal it back at the end of the mouth you only get it every 3 months but they steal it back in 1 month (give it out very slow but take it back very fast that is their plan)! They think people are to dumb to see what they are doing. Someone should be locked up over this. ***]

0 Kudos

First:  I hope this format allows one to be notified if there is a response.  I use a PC only, and have no mobile devices, so no text messages, nor instant notification.

Second:  AARP is not a health insurance provider.  Who is your health insurance provider, Matt?  

Third:  Tomorrow, May 9, 2023, I will contacted the Federal Trade Commission regarding the UCards.  My health insurance company is UnitedHealthCare.  With the UCard, members are to only buy what they deem "healthy" foods.  Multiple times the card rejects a "healthy food," and today, it happened again. 

I called both Optum, which deals with the Ucard, and then was transferred to UnitedHealthCare.  Until today, I had been saying that it is owned by Solutran, which it had been.  Today, I see that Solutran was purchased by Optum, but even the CS people I spoke with do not know that.  CS people are told nothing.  I had avoided using the Ucard for any purpose because the terms and conditions under Solutran, gave Solutran permission - and I do not exaggerate - to identify you by the use of DNA testing.  I kid you not.  But, by the end of last year, I needed the money for food, DNA testing agreement or not. (My allotment is $80 per month).

You mention the average allotment given to members - the $230, I think you wrote, and yes, I have complained that this is false representation.  For one thing, that would have to be a median amount granted with a particular set of benefits.

You mention having several cards.  Do you have 'Medicaid' in addition to Medicare.  In my State, the Medicare Savings Program is classified as Medicaid, which of course it isn't.  Medicaid would confer a wider range of benefits.  My health insurance card and my UCard are one and the same.  One card.

Why you do not have any prescription coverage - why you have several cards - why you think you have AARP health insurance which does not exist, is further testimony to what I agree is a racket, but if I see that you reply to this, maybe, with further discussion, there is something I know that might help.  Probably not, but I will give more attention than you seem to have received.  And finding your comment helped me to try again with the FTC.

:

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

If you want to know more in depth about how bad this is, here is a series of videos I made:

A defective BARCODE is far from the actual problem

United Healthcare is incompetent (Pt 1) - Introduction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5hBqVcQRss

United Healthcare is incompetent (Pt 2) - The first thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kq4ProfV0g

United Healthcare is incompetent (Pt 3) - Reading Contracts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrojiC7Yu1c

United Healthcare is incompetent (Pt 4) - A Connected problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GudShnbZsDU

United Healthcare is incompetent (Pt 5) - Website Problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYXJr6FFSTQ

United Healthcare is incompetent (Pt 6) - An out of control card system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdTA75GFGmg

United Healthcare is incompetent (Pt 7) - The Disconnect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6XZiFwYk3k

United Healthcare is incompetent (Conclusion) - The System In Practice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWKH9BjB578

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi @MattC334230 Someone said UHC's new UCards had defective barcodes printed on them....to my knowledge, if you call UHC and ask for a new card that should resolve the issue.

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

https://www.uhc.com/medicare/shop/dual-special-needs-plans/otc-food-utilities-benefits.html

take advantage of a credit loaded to your UnitedHealthcare UCard  every month for covered groceries, OTC products and utility bills. Use the card in-store or online to buy healthy food, pain relievers, cold remedies and more

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

โ€œI input the Ucard number for Walmart online so its not the bar code in my case. The card worked using $10 in rewards I had which showed as having been used afterwards on UHC so its the correct card. Walmart can't see any available credit for OTC.

UHC customer service through emails has used every excuse in the book. I don't bother calling them because the reps don't actually understand English.

They had a decent system working through HealthyBenefits a couple of years ago that was however once people actually received a card or card number. Frankly based on their track record I had a pretty good hunch this was going to be a flop.

Then I decided how stupid all this was when I could still order online, from home, wouldn't need to get out in the cold weather, and it would be delivered to my door a few days later.

So, I did that. Sat down, went to the UHC website, navigated to the OTC ordering section. Found what I wanted. Ordered the two items. I was done.

No hassles.โ€

Hope this helps a little bit

Take care  ~Allen

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP