Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

ad banner blocks game

The ad banner at the top of the screen where I'm trying to do play a game often stays on, but I can get it down eventually. Today it keeps returning to full size interfering with my ability to fully see the Crystal Collapse game I'm trying to play. I hope someone can correct the problem on the site end.

Regular Contributor

I cleared the cache but that had no effect.  Is this possibly a browser issue?  I'm using chrome and don't particularly want to move to Edge, but I suppose that could be worth a try. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BonnieM549730 thank you for sharing this issue! We believe this is resolved, could you please try clearing your cache, and refreshing the game? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello Hannah; @MichaelM02067 here.  I'm running Windows 10 (still) on an Acer Laptop.  I had been using Chrome and the issue was persistent. I switched to Edge and I can make it work but you have to be very careful, the red banner likes to jump around if scroll even slightly off the sweet spot. 

Hope this helps. 

Periodic Contributor

No it is not resolved. The white banner follows me down the page and obscures the game. Please have your web design folks park it back up top permanently like it used to be. Thank you!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Meleah thank you for your feedback! And I'm sorry for this frustration. Can you please let me know what device, browser, and OS you're using? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am on Chrome and I have NO AD BLOCKER ON AND THAT BANNER IS STILL OVER THE TOP OF THE GAMES.  WHY CAN'T YOU FIX IT!!!!

Regular Contributor

I am using an acer laptop, windows 11 and Chrome browser

Periodic Contributor

I have posted that info in another post, but here it is again:

Surface Pro5

Windows 10

Firefox

Also, the posts where you are saying to turn off ad blocker...I have done that and the problem still exists and I cannot play any of the games on here. This issue needs to be looked into more thoroughly, and fixed. This is, in my opinion, a very poor choice of web UI design that does not meet the needs of those who come here to play games. I really hope that you will take this into consideration, else why have the games on here at all if they are unplayable?

Periodic Contributor

No, I don't believe it is resolved. The red banner with AARP logo still obscures the game. Trying to play bubble shooter, using Safari. It seems to be a programming error on AARP's side. My computer's cache has nothing to do with it. The banner jumps up and down when you scroll, but there is no way to position it so the entire game board is visible.

Periodic Contributor

It is totally still there and I don't get why AARP techs can't get this right.  I have NO AD BLOCKERS on & that **bleep** banner keeps slipping down to the middle of the page, over game.  SO FRUSTRATING.

Periodic Contributor

I am sorry, maybe it is resolved. After clearing all website data from my browser the corrected version of the game loaded and the red banner is gone. 

Periodic Contributor

However, in order to play the game I have to clear all website data every single time. Not worth the trouble. This jumping banner should not be there at all. It is a manipulative trick that demonstrates a lack of respect for your subscribers.

Regular Contributor

It's not resolved on my end, and I cleared everything...

Contributor

I am unable to play games today. I cleaned my cash files and I do this usually every day anyway. When I tap a game and it opens,  you can’t  go forward.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@BarbaraJ531718

Thank you for reaching out to share the issues you’re experiencing playing games. We are actively working on addressing two issues, i.e., the red bar and the expanded menu. Our technical teams are giving them top priority and it is expected the solutions will be rolled out this month, as each is available. We know they are paramount to a positive gaming experience. Thank you for your patience as the issues are corrected. As more information is available, it will be posted here.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Well, the problem with the red banner blocking the game boards is back. You know how much everyone hates this jumping banner, why not get rid of it altogether? Do you enjoy having to address this issue time after time? Please make it stationary so that we can escape it by scrolling, PLEASE!

Periodic Contributor

AND the Members Only games are consistently LOADING,  LOADING, LOADING. I have rebooted and logged out/in several times with no result.  SO ANNOYING!!!

Contributor

Sadly this has been going on for months now and I don’t know what it will take to get it right. Maybe we all need to write negative reviews on AARP to get them  to fix it.  Still frustrated here, and if they could only hear the words that come out of my mouth when it freezes up again!

Contributor

why does the stupid menu come down and cover the game in the middle of the game?  when I try to make it disappear it goes to another page and I can't get back to the game I was in the middle of   this is just riduculous.   if i wanted to read articles, I would find them  I come here to play the games.  this happens on my phone and computer  (MacAir, firefox )

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BarbaraJ531718 I am so sorry for that frustration! If you can, please share with me your device, browser, and OS. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hannah, having an issue with Bubble Shooter LOADING forever, as others have already mentioned. Safari 17.4.1, Macbook Air. This doesn't happen with some other games. I really don't want to be forced to clear all website dataevery time I try to play a game. Please fix this!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'm having this same issue today. The red banner keeps slipping down the screen.

Contributor

Same problem here. Very annoying. Clearing cache did not help. I tried signing into AARP but that didn't help either. I usually don't sign in because doing so increases the amount of spam in my email.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @maguay, thank you for reaching out to share the issues you’re experiencing playing games. We are actively working on addressing two issues, i.e., the red bar and the expanded menu. Our technical teams are giving them top priority and it is expected the solutions will be rolled out this month, as each is available. We know they are paramount to a positive gaming experience. Thank you for your patience as the issues are corrected. As more information is available, it will be posted here.   

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maguay I'm very sorry to hear this! Can you please let me know what device and browser and OS you're using? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Yup, still happening as of this morning, even with all cache cleared.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

So sorry to hear that @Dreelyn! Please let me know what device and browser and OS you're using, thanks! 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'm on an ACER laptop with an i7 Intel Core. It's Google Chrome for the browser. Has never been an issue before. It's a PC, Windows 11.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am having the same problem. did you find a solution?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JoanG113445, thank you for reaching out to share the issues you’re experiencing playing games. We are actively working on addressing two issues, i.e., the red bar and the expanded menu. Our technical teams are giving them top priority and it is expected the solutions will be rolled out this month, as each is available. We know they are paramount to a positive gaming experience. Thank you for your patience as the issues are corrected. As more information is available, it will be posted here.  

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP