Community Manager
Community Manager

Do high scores matter?

Are you a casual gamer or a fierce competitor? Do high scores even matter?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Yes and no, while I am not losing money these people that are getting impossible scores have figured out a way. I have challenged you to try 8 Ball in the past many times and then tell me the scoring system is correct. The high scores do matter to a lot of people just not you because you have probably never even played any of the games. And when it is the same handful of people getting the high scores while the rest of us players couldn't possibly get these scores there is something fishy going on. Why even ask this question. 

Oh now I am going to get banned from the community again for saying this.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Personally, I don't worry too much about the score. I'm happy to play the game/solve a puzzle to completion😎

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Play 8 Ball and tell me that the scoring system is correct Lynne. You don't have to worry about the high scores. You are the Manager.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

You’re reading a comment from the state Sudoku champ and soon to be Wordle champ!  

Community Manager
Community Manager

@2Papa, tell us more!! Have you ever solved Wordle on the first guess?!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I’m a laid back gamer. I love playing games and scores aren’t all that wonderful, too much stress and nail biting. I like to exercise my brain.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

I’m a fierce competitor with myself!

Social Butterfly

Who doesn’t like to spike the ball and do a little end zone dance once in a while? Just don’t do it early like on the 20-yard line like I’ve done a time or two. Seriously healthy competition is good for the soul. It’s part of our human DNA. I don’t unfavorably compare myself with someone when in competition. But my goal is to be as good or better than someone else at playing online games. So sure, I try and play for the high scores but I don’t think I’m better than someone else because I out score them. So pick the online game double or nothing.

Regular Contributor

Well said, but then you have people that get these high scores EVERYDAY which in 8 Ball pool is impossible. Try it someday. You can make a break from the exact same place every time and the balls will rarely do the same things. Plus if you look at the rules and scoring it is complete B.S. It doesn't give the points it says it does. I have played thousands of the same game and got 37000 once so how these few same people always get high score have figured out a way to cheat and it makes them feel good so good for them. We all like to feel good. Stay safe

And when you converse with Arkadium they don't have a clue!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP