Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Crystal Collapse FAQs

What is Crystal Collapse?

In this enchanting pattern-matching game, you can match crystals for points, then clear obstacles by matching multiple crystals of one color. Use powers like the North Star, Bear Paw, and Bird to achieve new goals at every level. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Who can play Crystal Collapse?

Crystal Collapse is a Members Only game, accessible only by AARP Members. It’s one of more than two dozen games exclusive to Members.

I thought I could play without being a member?

Crystal Collapse was available for any registered user during a special preview period. That preview period ended on December 13, 2022, when the game became Members Only.

How do I get more points?

While playing, you’ll often see a group of like-colored crystals with an animal marking on all of them. These special powers appear when a certain number of crystals are next to each other — the more crystals, the better the power.

When you click on this grouping, they’ll all condense into one special crystal. You can use that crystal to clear multiple other crystals (or logs, or leaves) nearby. But you can go even one step further with a combo.

Collapse a crystal into one of the animal powers, and then try to collapse another crystal into another animal power, so that the two powers are sitting right next to each other. Then click on one of the animal powers and watch a huge portion of the board disappear!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I’m pretty adept at using special powers, but I still haven’t figured out the extras on the left. Why do individual logs/leaves suddenly get zapped away, and even more basically, how do regular points for each move work? By the number of squares cleared? The proximity to other things, besides the power-up combos)? And how many extra points do you get at the end of the level for different unused power ups? Thanks.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP