Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

8 Ball Pool

Anybody that plays 8 Ball Pool should totally disregard the players that constantly get over 38500 points. Anybody that has played this game for any amount of time should know that there are not enough balls on the table. I have seen the point system on the game and it doesn't give you the points that it says it does. However there are some that have figured out how to cheat. I have seen 70000 scores so nobody can tell me that they don't.

Sure glad they are not winning money.

Trusted Contributor

Just ran the table on 8 Ball I got three on the break, made two at once twice, made three at once, and there were only 2 balls of the computers left and I only got 36500. If I would have gotten the last 2 oppenents balls it would have only been 600 points which would have given me 37100. How do the same people get over 40000 points?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I wonder why the players that get 40700 like a858086k did today on Memorial day and every day wont even put their initials or a name letter numbers and letters they should be proud as heck to always get those top scores. Once again I have played 1000's of games on hard and the most I would have gotten was 38200 I missed the 8 ball and there was any more balls on the table. Wish I knew?

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Please remember to post according to the community guidelines, and refrain from insults and inflammatory comments.

YOU MUST RESPECT OTHER POSTERS EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THEM

Also, please be welcoming of new posters, even when you argue with their positions.

Thank you for your cooperation in making the AARP Community a safe and welcoming place for all.
http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I just got 7 balls on the break of 8 ball on the hard level and only got 4500 points. I have done this many times and it doesn't change. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

Hi, Gamers! If your goal is to climb the 8 Ball Pool leaderboard, the first thing youโ€™ll want to do is increase the gameโ€™s difficulty. Playing on medium mode gives you 50% more points and playing on hard gives you 100% more.

From there, youโ€™ll need to play precisely. Pocketing your own ball gets you 500 points; pocketing a ball without any fouls, such as scratching the cue ball, gets you 500 more. Of course, youโ€™ll get a huge chunk of pointsโ€”5,000โ€”for pocketing the 8 ball and winning.

Thatโ€™s just the start. The players who make it to the top of the leaderboard take advantage of the gameโ€™s achievements, which give bonus points unaffected by difficulty. Never missing a shot gives you 3,000 points; winning a game after fouling every shot gives you a huge 10,000 points.

Hereโ€™s the full list:

• Lemanโ€™s shot (pocket 2 balls with opening hit): 5,000
  • One cue (win the entire game without ever letting the opponent shoot): 20,000
  • Double strike (pocket 2 balls in one shot): extra 1,000
  • Triple strike (pocket 3 balls in one shot): extra 3,000
  • Quad strike (pocket 4 balls in one shot): extra 10,000
  • Never miss (not a single shot that misses or fails to pocket): extra 3,000
  • Perfection (not a single foul): extra 2,000
  • Chain (pocket a ball after hitting at least 3 others): extra 2,000
  • Dumb luck (win a game after fouling every single shot): extra 10,000
  • Last stand (win when only an 8 ball is on the table, by pocketing it correctly): extra 5,000
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hello? Lynne why cant you reply? Whys is it only a handful of people get the points that you think people get?

Periodic Contributor

Hello Mr. ACB3:  In various posts in the past, I have detailed how many points are earned.  I have read Lynn's post of 11-10-21 and have no idea where she (or whomever) wrote the post got the numbers.  If those numbers were accurate, the scores would be much greater than are being reported.  Examples:  2 balls on opening shot scores 2,000 (not 5,000); double strike (2 balls on one shot) scores only 500 (not 1,000), triple strike scores 1,500 (not 3,000), quad strike scores 3,000 (not 10,000), five strike scores only 3,000 also - no benefit of fifth ball, dumb luck ???? - not sure how you can win if you foul every shot.  Anyway, the bottom line is that to score the highest scores, you must rely on a lot of crap shots.  Shooting the way you would on a real game does not provide high scores.  (I posted about that on another attempt to explain the scoring system.)  Just saying.  BTW, you're welcome.  ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I don't remember asking you anything Lynne? Or I mean Neal46

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Dear ACB3:  I apologize for attempting to answer your query to Lynne.  It seems that Lynn has never responded to you, so I was trying to be helpful.  However, you are absolutely correct - you did not ask me anything.  Have a great Father's day.  ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

**bleep** Neal46 7/19/22 and all you can get is 39200? You can do better than that.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Mr. ACB3:  Yes, you are correct, I can do much better than that.  My Hi Score (from quite some time ago) is 41,400.  I have simply played the game as it has been designed.  I have shared many past posts with the community explaining how to achieve these scores and have noted that the strategy used to do so is certainly not the way one would play on a regular pool table.  Thanks for addressing your praise toward me - I appreciate it.  Have a great day.  JS!  ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Lynne Community Manager. I just got 7 balls on the break playing 8 ball on hard level and only got 4500 points. I have gotten 7 on the break many times. Yet your scoring system says you get 5000 points with 2 on the break. What am I doing wrong? You never answer my questions.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I will ask this and say it again and again and again. Why and how do the same 5 or 6 people get these impossible high scores EVERY DAY when the rest of us don't or cant? What makes it worse is that Lynne LOVES it! I wake up this morning and the high score is a modest 33400. Later one of the 5 or 6 players will have 40000!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ACB3, I donโ€™t know if it will help but here is an article that offers detail on how the game is scored as well as some tips.

https://support.arkadium.com/en/support/solutions/articles/44002181779--8-ball-pool-how-to-play-tips...

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I know how to play the game as I have logged 1000's of games. Why don't you try playing and then tell me how the same 5 or 6 people constantly get points that are impossible? Every day!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Once again Lynne! Why don't you actually play 8 ball and then tell me that the point system works like it says it does? Its a joke! The same 5 or 6 people get these points rhat nobody else can possibly get.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

You are 100 percent wrong with this point system! I cannot understand why you insist on believing this point system is fact. On hard level I can get 2 balls on the break and I get 1000 points. Heck I can get 6 on the break and only get 4500 points. Once again Lynne try playing the game! 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

WRONG! For the 100th time this point system doesn't work as you state. I play on hard level. Once again play the game Lynne and then tell me.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Lynne,

Why are you not trying 8 Ball so that you can see the point system is not correct? On hard level as I play. Why is it only 4 or 5 players constantly get points that are not attainable? Because they have learned how to buck the system.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hi Lynne,

As I have tried to inform Arkadium many times before. The point system doesn't work! I play on the hard level all the time I just made a break shot and made three balls and only got 2500 points. I could go on and on about other point systems I have as I have said run the table 100's of times on the hard level and it NEVER gives me these points. Why dont you try it? Just do the break on hard and tell me you get 5000 points with 2 balls. Whatever some people have figured out a way to cheat or else my hard level isn't correct. I dont lie.!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Fellow player ACB3:  In response to your 11/22/2021 posting, three balls on the break does, in fact, provide 2,500 points.  I have no idea the points as described by Lynne come from as I have never seen them.  See my post of 11/17 for more details about how many points are awarded.  With your posting of today, you have now labeled your fellow AARP members as "cheaters" in seven different postings.  These individuals (including me) have simply played the game as designed by AARP and are in no way cheating.  Thanks for reading this response.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

You are SO GOOD at this game!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

OK! Trust me I have played enough games to know there are not enough balls on the table to get these score and you guys always do it? I can put the ball on the table the same place with the same English and hit in the same spot and it rarely makes the same break. Explain to me how I have seen scores of 40000, 50000, 60000, 70000. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

As I explain in my 11/17 post, my top score is only 41,200 (which is achievable using the AARP point system without cheating.  As I also explained on that post is that the only scores of 50,000 and more that I have seen have been corrected by AARP fairly quickly as they were apparently scores from other games that somehow ended up showing as 8-ball scores.  As I stated in my 11/17 post, I believe the real benefit of playing 8-ball on AARP comes from playing the way you would on a regular table and thus NOT earn high scores.  That is why most of the 8 ball games I play do not end up on the score board.  Again, please read my 11/17 post for a better understanding.  I am sure you are probably a nice person and it is time to be thankful for what we have, but I would welcome you to quit referring to your fellow AARP members as "cheaters."  BTW, if you want a full run down on how to score high, let me know and I will provide you with full details although I believe my 11/17 response contains most of them.  One that I did not mention is the ability to place the cue ball anywhere on the board for each shot. (I believe another commenter mentions that.)  Another is the ability to stop the game at any time you do not like the shot and redo the shot.  Everything I know deals with how the game is designed by AARP.  Also, a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.  ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

OK Sir!

I know all about stopping the game anytime I scratch or don't make my shot. I also know I can move the cue ball where I want on the break behind the line. I also know that if the computer fouls I can move the cue ball. (If you can move the cue ball on any shot that is BS) I never go that far because then I know I am not having a perfect game.

I also know that the AARP point system is not correct. I also know that to consistently get the points that a handful of you get is AMAZING!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

OK, one more attempt to explain the AARP scoring system.  First, the lowest score winning game is 30,000 which I do regularly.  It is achieved by making only one ball on the break, then only one ball each shot being careful to not make any of the opponent's balls nor moving many balls at a time.  Each of the seven balls scores 2,000 points, then a total of 16,000 as is added at the end of any game where the opponent has not been allowed to shoot.  I am sure you achieve this score (or close) each time.  Note, that if you make two balls on the break, an additional 2,000 points are added, three adds 2,500, etc.  Now, the math for the biggest score I can think of using the AARP scoring system:  Make only two balls on the break (2,000 points), then make four balls on each of the next three shots.  This would provide an extra 3,500 points (3,000 for making four balls at once and 500 for moving a lot of balls on the shot), then 16,000 at the end of the game (when sinking the 8-ball) as you have done many times.  You receive 14,000 points (2,000 x 7) for your own balls and 1,400 (200 x 7) for the opponent's balls.  Total game is 43,900.  BTW, I have never scored 43,900 points nor do I think anyone else has yet.  As I have noted before, the higher scores (50,000 and more) have been caused by an error of showing a score from another AARP game and has usually been corrected by the end of the day.  You have now called me and other fellow AARP members a cheater (now a cheating duck?)  You may verify the accuracy of my above calculations by checking with AARP.  After doing so, some of us would appreciate an acknowledgement of your error.  JS.  

Trusted Contributor

Come on AndreK917426 (whatever that means) you can do better than 39000 points. Seriously that is weak!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I stumbled upon how to cheat or maybe it's just bug in the game.  If you click on the icon to put english on the cue ball, afterwards you can drag the cue ball to wherever you want. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

You are absolutely right I just tried it and it worked. But I prefer the old fashion way of not cheating like the 4 or 5 people do. Impossible scores. The funny part is that they change there names or whatever they call themselves letters and numbers. Where did Neal46 go?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP