Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ“‹ What ONLINE Shoppers Need to Know about Temu vs. Shein (AARP Article)

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“‹ What ONLINE Shoppers Need to Know about Temu vs. Shein (AARP Article)

ANYONE USED THEM? WHERE DO YOU DO YOUR ONLINE SHOPPING?  ๐Ÿค”  I DONOT "TRUST" ONLINE ANYTHING AND ONLY WHEN I CANNOT FIND AN ITEM I "NEED" DO I DO IT. SO FAR, AMAZON - WALMART - HOME DEPOT - LEE'S JEANS.  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

FROM THE ARTICLE - SEE ARTICLE FOR MORE.

Both low-cost retailers ship from China, but there are differences.

By Beth Braverman, AARP. Published March 08, 2024.

Is it safe to shop at these companies?

Both sites claim to follow security best practices with customer information at checkout. But the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission has raised concerns about data risks associated with the sites.

If youโ€™re worried but still want to shop with them, one way to protect yourself is to opt not to save your financial information on the site and to use a disposable virtual credit card to pay for your purchase. Available through most credit card issuers, disposable virtual cards are single-use numbers that are different from the ones on your credit card.

https://www.aarp.org/money/budgeting-saving/info-2024/temu-vs-shein.html

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

I love Temu, not so much Shein. I have an order on it's way from Temu, actually. ETA Friday, March 15 - 24, 2024. I cannot wait to receive it! I think this is order number 8, no hitches, no prior problems. I use G-Pay. I also love to watch this Temu influencer on YouTube, her name is Erinn. She is hilarious! Here's her YT channel link: https://www.youtube.com/@HeyyyEverybody. She's trying really hard not to haul anymore Temu, but it's seemingly difficult. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks @SpringIsHereSoHappy! So happy you mentioned this! 

P.S. As long as you're online, and on the web people, it is important to take precautionary measures to establish a more privatized way of browsing and shopping. At this point, this is a given. I've never had an issue with standard Windows Security. Never.

Temu Order.png

View solution in original post

Honored Social Butterfly

I love Temu, not so much Shein. I have an order on it's way from Temu, actually. ETA Friday, March 15 - 24, 2024. I cannot wait to receive it! I think this is order number 8, no hitches, no prior problems. I use G-Pay. I also love to watch this Temu influencer on YouTube, her name is Erinn. She is hilarious! Here's her YT channel link: https://www.youtube.com/@HeyyyEverybody. She's trying really hard not to haul anymore Temu, but it's seemingly difficult. ๐Ÿ˜‚

P.S. As long as you're online, and on the web people, it is important to take precautionary measures to establish a more privatized way of browsing and shopping. At this point, this is a given. I've never had an issue with standard Windows Security. Never.

Temu Order.png

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/10/24) @KellytheBelly , thank you for your comment!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** KELLY @KellytheBelly wrote:

Temu Order.png

***]

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP