Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Recognized Social Butterfly

SOUL-MATES OF 55 YEARS

Soul-mates for 55 Years

For two weeks now, I have had discomfort wearing shoes: I developed a massive, gooey blister firmly attached to my big left toe until an urgent care doctor painstakingly removed the uninvited protuberance.

Now I take my daily walks on the 12th floor rug espanse where I can safely wear sandals or slipper socks. I have not seen anyone during my random half-hour jaunts across the corridor, but I rarely get bored because when I walk unhindered, I fondly think of all of the medicating and bandaging that my wife has lovingly done to my distraught toe, never mind the anticoagulant drug that she faithfully injects into my pockets of fatty lower-torso tissue day and night.

I am grateful and feel blessed because of my wifeโ€™s devotion to my care. She always accompanies me when I go to the myriad doctor appointments scheduled throughout the year. My wife is my advocate; the doctors are well aware of her well-versed and documented concerns.

When my wife has visited some of her friends on the Big Island, I miss her tremendously. It has been said that absence makes the heart grow fonder. So too does an abscess make the heart grow fonder providing that someone precious to you is your caretaker.

schlomo
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP