Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Participation

It's great to have a forum like Friends & Family, since it can cover a large topic of subjects and interest.  Wondering why so few post on this forum.  Any thoughts on that?

Kudos
Views
Replies
Periodic Contributor

I am hoping to find a chat group that is fairly active. I really do not have a huge leaning on any particular subject.

I am learning that my health is deteriorating significantly since the covid isolation. My friends are not very interested in getting out for dinner like we used to and I do not want to go shopping.

I am trying to rebuild my ability to walk around without becoming completely breathless. 

Social Butterfly

@Joanotx There are lots of volunteer opportunities that require very small amounts of physical exertion.  It could help make you feel more connected.  Over the last few months, I've been volunteering with the AARP virtual trivia and pub poll games, and really enjoy the experiences and interaction with others.  Check out the volunteer tab on this site.  You might get inspired.  Helping others always gives me a boast.  The best of luck to you.

Periodic Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes 

Great question! I think that people might be leery of putting themselves out there when discussing friends and family issues. The toxicity in our society has split many families in two and broken up friendships. As you correctly state there are many subjects that could be discussed in a positive way on this forum. Let's hope we see more of that as time passes. Thanks Rhymes!

Social Butterfly

Steve the @postman29 I agree.  Why not even just a little levity, . . . like the toilet paper would be great. I think most people are intimidated to post anything in general.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP