Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Ladies 70 and older - share your tips for dating sites

Message 21 of 41

My Dear William:

I've been on vacation so I am late in getting back to you.

Certainly William - you cannot be serious to think that I would line myself up with someone young enough to be  my grandchild.  I am laughing as I write this.  If you are not kidding - then I would like to say that I think you should get some professional counseling.  

So, thank you William for the offer but no thanks!  And I hope that you find someone one day that will make you happy.  🙂

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 22 of 41

t216498c
Info Seeker

‎02-29-2020 09:53 AM

Hi again Thea, 

I know I sent a long response to the question you asked about "sincere and genuine men." This response will be much shorter. I promise.

I am not yet 70 years of age, either, yet approaching fast. I try to keep it simple. Every age has limitations based on its own chronologics. A relationship with a younger man may be daunting. One must accept with the thrill of a young lover comes the potential of hardships, misunderstandings and the potential of a short lived engagement that can come because of the "gap" in ages. Anyone can hurt anyone. And anyone can get hurt by anyone. Age is a factor when what you are investing is more than a younger man may be willing or even able to invest at the time. The defining factor is choosing love over lust.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 23 of 41

t216498c
Info Seeker
‎02-29-2020 09:55 AM
where do you find men to date that are sincere and genuine?

Dear Info Seeker:

When I read your question one word stood out to me in the inquiry. "Find." The word infers that something is lost. In order to find something, someone, or certain attributes those things and that one would have to be lost.

The presumption in the word is that these men are lost. I do not believe that sincere and genuine men (and women) are lost and that they do not joyfully exist in the contemporary dating environment that we have today. I recommend "seek" them in the entire marketplace of life. In supermarkets, libraries, senior centers, your local church, at the theater, grandchildren's school events and through volunteerism. These are a few places where you may meet sincere and genuine people. I prefer the word, "Seek." Seeking is a word that carries the connotation that you are expecting to encounter that which you already believe to exist. No one sees inside any one's heart yet God and His Word, (yes, the Bible) "is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." - (Hebrews 4:12 KJV)

There are sincere, honest and authentically genuine people that still live here with us on planet earth. So sincerity and genuinity are those attributes that are revealed over time by the content of a person's goodly character and the expressions of their mouth. At 70 years of age, (or even coming close to age 70) one has heard a lot of people talk and observed a lot of people with or without good character. Like all things in life as we age we begin to become more discerning and capable of determining a silver nickel from a wooden one and a genuinely sincere person from a phony. 

I reiterate your question, "where do you find men to date that are sincere and genuine?" 

I say "seek" and ye shall "discover" them in the secret place that is in the intimacy of your own sincere and genuine heart and through wise counsel in conversations with God.  

Exerpted from my post on ‎05-12-2017 05:01 AM:  "And to all the wonderful ladies 70 and older all the best to you and may you influence and inspire women younger than yourselves to seek authentic, honest and sincere dating counterparts. I believe that your age carries the wisdom gained through your experiences. You carry with you secrets to living that the young only "think" they know. Continue to have zero tolerance for any relationship that does not honor and cherish the rich heritage you gained through time."

Highlighted

Message 24 of 41

where do you find men to date that are sincere and genuine?

Highlighted

Message 25 of 41

i am not quite 70 yet but loved the email printed on aarp. i've always preferred younger men for some reason. perhaps i can related better to a younger man as my mind is very young. i am very curious if you have thought about the limitations an older woman might have and how it could affect you. and you might be a young widower. well, i no longer do dating sites as it is a place for scammers. yet here i am.

best wishes and good luck in finding what you are looking for.

thea

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 26 of 41

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 27 of 41

Helpful suggestions and input. Thanks for posting.

Anne from Ga.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 28 of 41

I am 73 and have been single and dating for more than 15 years.  I have had several longish-term relationships, 2+ years, and made a number of friends.  My best advice to women, people, our age is is the same advice I give to younger folk who ask.  Look for someone who likes about you the things you like about yourself.  If you're smart and funny and proud of those things, don't waste time on someone who wants a non-challenging companion who laughs at his jokes, but doesn't make them herself.  If you're athletic and love being that way, avoid couch potatoes.  And if your political and/or religious leanings are meaningful to you, make that abundantly clear.  Many men either don't read your profile statement or, apparently, think they can change your mind.  At this point in my life, I know what I believe and what is important.  If they don't respect your positions, just hit 'delete' and move on.You get the picture.  It can be a great adventure.  Good Luck.  Nona

Nona Martin Stuck
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 29 of 41

Everything you said is so right on! Love your honesty and your spunk!

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 30 of 41

RIGHT ON!!  I no longer want my time wasted on nursing and rehearsing old wounds!! Unfortunately men in their 70s may have just lost a spouse..and havent "ventured out" into the REAL WORLD of singleness or have not figured out that we have our own ideas and our own lifestyle and interests and while exchanging "old war stories" may be a "comfortable way" to ease into the new relationship.. but trying to stay in YOUR comfort zone so YOU dont have to learn new things.. think about it.. We don't just want to provide your entertainment and company.. for that you can get a dog.. we want someone who is ready to go and do and dance and laugh and bring new ideas to the fold..

I dont need a "dad".. i'm not looking for a "husband" to cook and clean for.. and please set up some healthy boundaries with your kids.. they may not give you the time of day until they get wind of a "new person" in your life.. then be aware they fear being cut out of your precious belongings that I don want in the first place..  thank you for my "vent"  been there done that.. and still a believer ready willing and able for a Mature relationship.. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Take Pen Pal Safety Precautions:
Learn more.