Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Why are Non-Members allowed to collect Rewards Points ?

Super Contributor

Why are Non-Members allowed to collect Rewards Points ?

Members are allowed 7500 Rewards pts. per day. Non-Members are allowed to collect 5000 pts. per day . I thought being a member is what allowed you to collect points. Is AARP making $$$ from the non-members ? That is not fair to paying members. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community,

I've noticed that the Community Managers only reply to some members and ignore others, which is showing favoritism.

They only answer some questions and ignore others.

What kind of program is this and we are paying to be treated this way? 

AARP's Facebook page is getting terrible responses, I wonder why?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I also want to know why non members are allowed to collect rewards points and enter the rewards contests.  Why be a paying member when you can earn points and enter into the contests regardless.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @mheddinger 

Non members should only be allowed to purchase gift cards and experiences, they aren't paying.

Sweeps and Instant Wins should be Members Only, maybe the limits can be removed if non members are excluded.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Periodic Contributor

I totally agree that non members should only be allowed to purchase gift cards and contests and instant wins should be for paid members only.  If they want to be included they should pay just like the rest of us.  Why should we continue our membership!!

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Hey Marylin,

I like how you wrote this and I agree: "Sweeps and Instant Wins should be Members Only, maybe the limits can be removed if non members are excluded."

@mi4090 wrote:

Hello @mheddinger 

Non members should only be allowed to purchase gift cards and experiences, they aren't paying.

Sweeps and Instant Wins should be Members Only, maybe the limits can be removed if non members are excluded.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, that is really how the program should be set up.  It would be great if Management would listen to their paying members.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @DanielA231577 

It's all about making money for AARP.  If anyone can join and earn points it is unfair to paying members๐Ÿ˜ข.  But you now have non members on the site spending money, and this is an additional source of revenue. Why not give them some points for buying gift cards, (i.e. Carnival).

Just my opinion๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP