Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Videos Not Earning Points

Hi Y’all,😊

is it just me?  When I watch videos today, no points are being earned. I get the normal “share” screen at the end of the video but not the black banner saying I earned points. Also does not “check” them as viewed or show up in transaction history. Tried quizzes, games and tools and they are all working fine and earning points. Problem seems isolated to videos.🤷🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

The past few days, I have watched some videos without getting any points.  It does seem random.  I go back and try other videos and do receive points, and yes, I watch all the way to the end of the video.  Frustrating since this is a new problem.  The other problem that was new, at least to me, is that after answering four or five quizzes and almost finishing another quiz, the screen jumps and takes me back to the beginning of the quiz.  The only way I have found to keep going is to close AARP and clear history and start over.  Frustrating!  

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@11320cs We are looking into this site issue, thank you for your feedback. How many videos have you watched without getting points? Please let me know and I will look into your Rewards points balance 🙂

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

1. Today it happen to me. 2 videos no points. Screenshot_20210201-152725.pngScreenshot_20210201-153307.png
Concerned Member
Community Concierge

@al45009948 Thanks for letting us know! I reviewed your AARP Rewards profile and I was able to add those missing points to your Rewards points balance. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Having the same problem here, too, @AARPJanelleM, @AARPTeri, or whomever. Please assist? I watch the videos all the way to the end and no points. I am not maxed out. 😞 Thank you!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@KellytheBelly   You were earning points yesterday for videos, is there a specific one you weren't able to view or did the points just not show up immediately?  Can you check your transactions and see if the points are now appearing?  Thanks!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sure, I am now! I updated my browser and restarted my computer and now everything is working as it should be. Hey! Thanks for your delayed and snarky response! I do not appreciate how you worded your response, as if I am stupid, or a liar, or something. Have a great day!

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am sorry that you read my response that way it certainly wasn't meant to be interpreted that way.  I am happy to see that the issue is resolved and you are now earning points.  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you very much for your quick response and time 😌

Concerned Member
Silver Conversationalist

Well the Easter Bunny wasn’t much help either. I just don’t understand why tech support cain’t get their act together. We are suppose to be out of BETA but the problems and glitches continue to plague this program.

No attempt has been made to do something about the “READ MORE” “SHOW LESS” buttons. They continue to flicker on and off with no input from the user (guess it is only happening to me) so annoying and frustrating to say the least, makes reading the post almost impossible.

You click on the video, the 300 pts reward badge is visible, the video plays normally and then at the end “ SORRY NO POINTS THIS TIME” and the check mark appears in the middle of the badge. It’s not just one video that this is happening to, it’s quite a few. FIX IT !

I am not sure exactly what the moderator’s are suppose to do, but I think it would go a long way in getting some of these problems corrected if they would show a little more enthusiasm in voicing our concerns.

0F43A2AB-D2BB-40AB-96A1-A465F889FA63.png

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Community Concierge

@rednexsrus  We've discovered that iOS device users watching videos are not receiving points for some videos. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Are you accessing the videos on an iOS device? 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM 

No iOS here, just my trusty DELL Laptop. Just to be clear it's not just one video. It happens to be quite a few and guess what ? it's RANDOM 

I am sure you are familiar with that term. 🤕

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Community Concierge

@rednexsrus All videos have to be watched until the end in order to receive points and you may only watch one video at a time. Please avoid opening multiple tabs, if watching videos. If you press the fast forward during the video you will not be rewarded points.

If you have watched the video and still didn't get points, try refreshing your browser and looking at the “last activity” listed at the top of the page again.

Check if the Reward badge is displaying in the game or activity description boxes before you pick one (if the Reward badge does not display, points will not be earned.). If the Reward badge does not display or you’re still not having any luck, you may want to log out of the AARP website, restart your browser and then log back in.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Janelle!😊 

I was the original poster on this thread and yep, that’s it - all our devices are iOS. I was starting to wonder if it was just me! I’m glad you discovered the problem. Hopefully you can evict the gremlin soon.👾 Thanks for your help. Happy New Year!

Community Concierge

@TheTam  You are most welcome, Happy New Year!!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

The Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny will be much more help than tech support at getting these video problems corrected.

Sad but True 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

I find videos are slow to start and it is slow to start more days than not.  Random videos time out before starting and sometimes start but fail along the way.  I am starting different videos up to three times before completion and earning points. Signing off and back on again isn't helping.  Using Chrome browser on a laptop.  It appears that the video sites are overloaded because I am not having trouble like this on other websites.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Would love to help!  Are you viewing the videos on mobile or desktop? If mobile, please remember you have to watch the video to the end.  Please let me know so we can help you get points!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thank you, Teri!😊

The problem appears to be related to mobile-watched videos. My hubby tried last night and got no points on videos watched on phone but worked fine on his laptop. Same for my mom, unable to earn on iPad (and she has no laptop). So it’s something to do with mobile. The videos end like normal and it shows the AARP logo and “share” screen, just never gives the black banner saying points earned and never checks the box as viewed.  Thanks for replying, hopefully it’s just a glitch that will fix itself.😊 Merry Christmas to you!🎄

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hello,

The videos are working for me this week, however, last week I was unable to earn points watching the videos.  The point badges were missing on videos last week.  Make sure the videos show the 300 pt badge to earn points.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear you are getting points again!

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

Thanks JoLo!😊 That’s odd that yours was messed up last week & mine is this week. It has worked fine up until today. I tried the usual videos that I watch and some others as well but no points on any of them. Even tried logging out and back in but no luck. Hopefully it will soon start working as mysteriously as it stopped.😊

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP