Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Rewards Locked: Unwanted AARP Phone App

Social Butterfly

Rewards Locked: Unwanted AARP Phone App

Since the Rewards gods believe it should be made more difficult to use our reward points, I will play along and watch videos and complete quizzes (selected by said Rewards gods) to open redemption opportunities.  However, I do not have want, need or have a reasonably modern smart phone to feel confident that the AARP App will not be a security risk on my old hardware.

I have spent a lot of time earning points, as have many on the forum.  And, I am also a member.  I believe I have earned access to the rewards.

Now we are forced to download the AARP App to unlock rewards?

001 Unwanted Phone App.jpg

To whom this may concern: I don't want the app!  I find this intrusive.  I have an older phone and kind of a weak cell phone carrier (Consumer Cellular) and I do not want apps!

Also, now the yoga videos I watched daily are monthly?  Not cool.

There are a lot of things I like about AARP Rewards.  I generally kudo when I like something.  Unfortunately, The new "Lessons" do not fit in the Like category.

If I were to spell it out, this post really is constructive criticism (although it should be intuitive). I ask that the "Lessons" not be used to block access to rewards in the first place and especially the AARP App requirement be removed from any Lessons that are used to block redemption opportunities going forward.  Thanks.

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, fixing the Transaction History and See More button should be the primary objective for AARP Rewards.

Have a Blessed and Safe Day,

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Hello Andrew,

My feelings exactly,  very few daily videos leftSmiley Tongue

No transaction history for tracking activities and Rewards locked after (1) redemption.  Very disappointed in the new AARP REWARDS program with these adjustments.  

AARP Rewards why make it more discouraging for the people paying your salary (members)?

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Thanks, Marylin, I am bewildered also.  This is being presented to us an an "option."  However, in reality, it is a restriction.  Instead of just using our points, we must complete required "extra credit."

I hope "extra credit" will be a passing phase in the AARP Rewards program.  Who needs addition headaches to participate in the AARP Rewards program?

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo

Andrew, it's absolutely ridiculous.  Why are we being maneuvered.

AARP why make it worst?  Here's a project, fix the Transaction History and remove See More.

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Yes, the transaction history.

@mi4090 wrote:

@andrewtoo

Andrew, it's absolutely ridiculous.  Why are we being maneuvered.

AARP why make it worst?  Here's a project, fix the Transaction History and remove See More.

Marylin

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

My problem with Transaction History started in October 2019😢

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hey @mi4090 

When you wrote "Here's a project, fix the Transaction History and remove See More."  I truly laughed out loud!

Thanks,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Another unfortunate change is that the Beginner Yoga videos are now Monthly instead of daily. That's too bad, less incentive to watch daily and follow the yoga lessons. No more learning there 😞

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Offering lessons is great.  Enjoy creating daily, rather than monthly lessons, if AARP Rewards believes that will be fun.  Requiring that lessons be completed to access rewards is something that I am not in favor of going forward.

However, requiring an App on my cell phone to access reward offerings is overreaching to my private device and it feels eerie and Big Brotherish.

I don't have to download the App;  I knew that already @AARPTeri ; I'm not satisfied with the limited access, and, the App is a deal breaker.

@daniel4ever Thanks for candid comments!

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Community Manager
Community Manager

@andrewtoo     Thank you for your candid feedback.  We have added Extra Credit Lessons for participants as an option.  We do not have all Rewards behind the extra credit and the vast majority of the catalog can still be accessed without completing the monthly lessons.  If you do not wish to download the AARP App we certainly do not expect you to take any actions to do so.  We will be offering new Lessons each month featuring different extra credit rewards and lessons. I hope something in the future may interest you.  

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

Hi! I think you missed the point. Not everyone has a smart phone! The expectation that everyone does is insulting. Also, I do not clutter my phone with a bunch of apps - your requiring us to do so is also insulting. Finally, the email address I use for my AARP account and my cell phone are different, so even if I download your app, I wonder how you verify it for me to get credit?

AARP, consider your audience. I'll bet this bad idea was created by someone under 50.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP