Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

New Earn Activities do not give points when first added

Trusted Contributor

New Earn Activities do not give points when first added

Every time I try a new Quiz or Video, I do not receive points.  This has been going on for a while.  I just tried the new Quiz today about Testing Your Coronavirus Knowledge.  Once again, no points.  Usually, I don't try the new ones.  I thought I would give it a try today to see if the problem had been corrected.  It has not been corrected!  It would seem that there is no testing of new Earn Activities whatsoever.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I don't know what to tell you. I don't have that problem. Every once in a while that will happen but I just redo the activity and get the points. It's a rare enough occurrence not to be a pain 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I get a message that I already completed a weekly news quiz after the very 1st time I take it and give no points. This happensed 3 different occasions

Contributor

The exact thing is happening to me, too!

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@JoLo49 @shamit @maccascruff12 @a170938b @11320cs We've identified a bug that causes this for some users. We're working on the fix now and will keep you updated once it's been resolved. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I watch videos and do the quizzes when the "point badge" is shown, however, the newer activities don't award the points on the first day of release even when there is a point badge shown.   These "new" activities aren't badged for the reward points until AdminTeri announces the new activities on the forum. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Watched a video yesterday and took a quiz. No points rewarded.

Took a quiz today. No points rewarded.

I'm totally wasting my time. There isn't much to do with the points anyway.
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I don't bother to watch a video or do a quiz if the badge does not show up.  Today has been the worst day in the history of the new rewards program for me.  No matter what video I click on watch it doen;t show the badge with the point value.  I have to click on it again and again.  It has taken as many as 15 times to get the badge there.  What is going on?  I don't have the problem when doing a quiz.

Also since my transaction history doesn't work, I has been clicking on the "AARP Real Possibilities" in the red banner near the top of the page and it would update my current total.  Not anymore.  The only way to get an update on Google Chrome is to log out of the account and also close the browser.  Then open the browser and log in to get the current point balance.  But today I also have a hard time logging in.  I keep getting a 504 Gateway Time-Out error or a 502 error that has two variations.  Please quit making things worse.  

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

It has been a problem from the onset. This is why I do not do a new activity until a few weeks after it appears, a few days for the weekly news quizz. I did ask Teri once if they trouble shoot / test the activities before offering them to their customers but received no answer. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

It's been a recurring problem for me from the onset.   It doesn't appear there is an easy fix, and I  discovered the new activities aren't badged for points before they are released on our Earn page.  It was recommended to wait until the activities are announced on the forum before accessing the new videos or quizzes.  It's unfortunate the activities aren't badged prior to being released.

It becomes confusing when there are multiple of new activities added at the same time, not knowing which ones are ready for viewing.   I have had to repeat the 10-minute exercise videos multiples of times, but the silver lining is that I'm getting more exercise doing so.

Take care everyone, and stay well.

JoLo

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP