Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Daily Crossword puzzle with errant top score?

Bronze Conversationalist

Daily Crossword puzzle with errant top score?

My top score has been 1,890 for months and my score today was 1,850 (maximum available). I see 2,550 for a top score. How is that possible?

Stay well.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

We have a similar thread in the games community, but I also included the answer here!  Here is how it is possible 🙂

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Games-Talk/Calculating-the-Score-for-the-Daily-Crossword/m-p/2403822/h...

Daily Crossword scoring is calculated at the end of a game with this formula:

• Player gets 10 points for every cell that was completed without help.
  • Bigger puzzles will have a higher total achievable score
  • If another player has a bigger or smaller score for the same date on the leaderboard, that means they played a puzzle for the different date (i.e., not today’s) – since there are 14 puzzles available to play every day and each will have a different total achievable score based on number of cells.

Completed without help is defined as:

• Cell filled in correctly without using the Reveal function
  • If the player has Show Errors turned on in the puzzle’s menu, then completed without help means the cell has never shown a red, incorrect letter.

AARPTeri
Contributor

Can you explain how people are now scoring 30,140 points and 170,400 points on the daily crossword puzzle? This doesn't make sense to me using what you shared.

Retired Community Manager

@KraftySally Thanks for flagging this! We're getting that fixed.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPBriana 

Yes I'd also like to know how person had 1M points on Daily Crossword today unreal and no conceivable way could happen 🤯Crazy🤪

Thanks 

Ginger  ;  )

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@gm5271 Those incorrect scores have been removed.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPBriana 

Another thought to your reply

THOSE SCORES SHOULD'VE NEVER BEEN THERE... NO WAY THEY WERE REAL

maybe AARP Rewards has been HACKED?? 

& THAT'S WHO GETS ALL THE GOOD REWARDS WHEN US MEMBERS CAN'T GET THEM because doesn't work for us... bummer 

Ginger 

Social Butterfly

@AARPBriana 

Thanks but I no longer care

Rewards have pushed me over my tolerance level... not being able get Amazon card after doing what required but not working nor rewarding points really stinks

I've removed my profile info and going to move on 

Will do my games as I enjoy & be a AARP member but not worth stress and upset to be involved with Rewards program anymore... really a sad bummer 

Whole site down can't even get game points now.... what the heck does it matter... no one needs this mess 

Ginger  😟💔😓  ;  ) 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP