Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Daily AARP.org Visit Member Bonus - not getting points

Trusted Contributor

Daily AARP.org Visit Member Bonus - not getting points

I've noticed over the past weeks that I don't always get the 15 points for visiting the site. There are a couple days I did not, but there are other days where I've earned points for doing puzzles or watching videos where I've clearly been on the site, yet no visit points. Yesterday I had to log out & back in to get those points added, but today, that didn't work either. I'm not looking to have the points added;  just want to report that there seems to be a glitch in your system somewhere.

Also, please note that my daily Fitbit points have been automatically awarded every day which seems to indicate that any issue is not on my end.  Thank you!

Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM 

Has there been any updates on fixing the daily visit points glitch?  It has been 3 weeks since your latest response, and it appears the maintenance and updates of the rewards site has not addressed the issue.  I'm still getting Daily points added and subtracted each day which is so annoying to keep track of the total points.  It has been so annoying that I would prefer that the Daily Visit points be eliminated. Instead of adding "enhancements" to the site (spinning red circle), I wish tech support would go back to basics and get the site running without errors before adding any new enhancements.  The spinning red circle is also annoying.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Acknowledging the 'daily points' appearing and disappearing multiple times during the day as mentioned here in this thread - I have observed this:

- when I come back in the evening hours after 7:20 pm est on to midnight - that daily point will show in the transaction and 'will' be accounted only if I: 'either spend points/ redeem points' or "earn points"

- yeah, sounds crazy - but have been doing this for over the past few weeks and it works like this. So in the evening hours I log back in and redeem points for a few Instant Wins and/ or Sweepstakes and make special notes of the 'Rewards Balance' and it works; the Daily points does 'add in' after I redeem points.

๐Ÿ˜Ž  I guess if your on the west coast you can start by about 4:30pm--5:00 + pm your time; 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks @OneDayMatisyahu for posting your experience with the "appearing and disappearing" daily visit points.  I'm in the PT zone, and each day I "log in", I noticed that 15 daily points have been added, and then after doing an activity, the 15 points are deducted.  There is no rhyme or reason of why these points get deducted after being added.  It has made record keeping difficult, so I don't bother adding the daily points anymore.  I will start with the "corrected" point balance after completing an activity.  This has been a "new" glitch for the past several months after enhancements were made to the website.  I don't understand why AARP continues to add "enhancements" to the site which seem to cause other errors on the site.  Wish AARP would get back to basics and create a well running site.  JMHO

Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM   For the past month I am experiencing problems with the daily visit points.  Sometimes the 15 points are duplicated and then deducted, and there have been other times when they are not added at all.  I know it's only 15 points, and some may think not worth complaining about, however, this glitch is making my record keeping difficult.  I was hoping this glitch would have been corrected by now, but it seems each time there is maintenance on the site, more errors develop.  Please alert tech support to fix this annoying issue.  Thanks in advance.

Community Concierge

@JoLo49 Thanks for the heads up! I'm flagging this to our team.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM   It has been over a  month, and the 15-point daily visit point glitch hasn't been fixed yet.  Each day, I notice my "total points" is 15 points higher, and after earning points, 15 points is deducted from the total.  It is quite annoying as it seems whenever there is a site maintenance, a new glitch will appear.  It has become harder to determine when the "extra" 15 points will appear and not be deducted.

Community Concierge

@JoLo49 I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Our team has been made aware of the glitch and I will update you when I hear anything. 

Silver Conversationalist

I appreciate all of your efforts, @AARPJanelleM .  I am hopeful this glitch will be resolved soon.

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks, @AARPJanelleM  I am hopeful today's maintenance will fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I am noticing that sometimes the 15 points is duplicated and then corrected after earning points.  I start out the day checking the daily balance to notice the balance is 15 points higher than it should be, but after taking a quiz or watching a video, the "15 extra points" are deducted.  This makes it difficult for my record keeping.  There seems to be glitch that tech support needs to address. 

Community Concierge

@LindaJoy53 @OneDayMatisyahu Thanks for the heads up! I added points to both of your accounts: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/transaction/adjustments/ Be sure to check the troubleshooting steps as needed: https://aarp.info/2TdQSxo and let me know if you continue to have this issue. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Confirmation โ˜‘๏ธ

I too have seen the 15 points not being added to the 'Your Rewards Balance' randomly thru out the last few weeks; ( I think it started after the last "AARP official Maintenance activity" )

Later I may see the points listed/ added in "Most Recent Activity and/ or Transaction History" but, it did not actually add points to my 'Reward Balance' - wt....  ๐Ÿ˜ฎ .

๐Ÿ˜ถ   There is a glitch with the 15 points that most AARP visitors 'should be getting just for visiting the Rewards section; this also applies to the 'free ARRP' visitors who would normally get 10 points just for visiting.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP