Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Crossword puzzles not loading from the Games & Puzzles filter

Bronze Conversationalist

Crossword puzzles not loading from the Games & Puzzles filter

Almost every morning when I choose Games & Puzzles from the list of filters and click Apply, at least one of the three puzzles won't show in the list, usually the Daily Mini.

Until yesterday, I was able to go back into the filters, remove the Games filter, and choose Games, again, and it would sometimes show me all three puzzles in the list when I clicked Apply.

Now, I have to refresh my screen and try it all again, and I still can't count on seeing all three puzzles in the choices or even just the one I was missing if I first play the two that show up.

He'p me! He'p me! I've fallen into a black hole and I can't find my way out!

Stay well and enjoy!

Lynn

Bronze Conversationalist

The Daily Crossword was the imp again today.

The workaround I tried was after I finished the Daily Mini and the Let's, I closed the Games filter by clicking its X and re-entered the Filter By. I chose Point Value on the right and then clicked Games and Apply. Daily showed up and I played it.

Stay well and enjoy!

Lynn

P.S. I did go back and bookmark all three crosswords. I'll try to remember to use bookmarks tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

The shy crossword puzzle this morning was the Daily Crossword. I did get Let's and the Daily Mini, but not the Daily. I'll try for just the Daily to load, next.

Stay well and enjoy!

Lynn

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you, Teri.

For an update in case it might help:

This morning, the Daily Crossword was the imp. Actually, Let's Crossword was also an imp in a different way.

Daily wouldn't show up, but the Daily Mini and Let's would show up with the Games filter. After a few false starts in trying to bring up all three, I played the Mini and Let's, in that order. Unfortunately, I had to play Let's three times before Transaction History would show the points for completion. Each Let's puzzle was different and each one promised the points. After I completed those and History finally showed the points for Let's, I played around in the filters one more time and Daily did show up for me to play and get the points for it.

We finally have some snow, but it's not sticking down here in the valley, yet, but just making things a little wet as it hits and melts - maybe tonight. Our mountains are more likely to store it for Spring, anyway, so that's okay. Let it snow up there. 😉

Stay well and enjoy!

Lynn

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you we are working to fix this game filter since it is no longer working as expected. 

As a current work around, you can bookmark the crossword pages so you can get to them quickly.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you all.
AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

I can't play "easy" crossword.  Keeps putting up message that I have to be a member and I am already logged in.  Also, aarp daily never keeps my scores.  About every other day, after yet another login, I see all my scores are gone. So frustrating.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@mspitz09 I'm so sorry for this frustration! Are you still having an issue? There may have been a bit of lag with your renewal processing. Check out our troubleshooting steps found here if you continue to have errors: https://aarp.info/3epAstc We're always here to help!

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri @Brightpool 

Hey Teri & Lynn

Duh!🤔 dunno Please explain how bookmark games?? After reading your posts checked out few things no luck no idea how? 

You are saying like I could bookmark Each game play take me straight to it without having choose Games in rewards drop down then using Games drop down filter or such Correct? 

Thanks appreciate any guidance 

Ginger ;  )

Community Concierge

@gm5271 Yes, you can bookmark the games by adding them to your browser's "Bookmark" or "Favorites" list so you can easily access the page from the saved websites on your web browser. 

Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

Hey Janelle 

Thanks appreciate your reply

I already do that with my quick access keys & such thought they were suggesting another quicker way thanks!

Stay safe

Ginger  ;  )

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@gm5271 You are most welcome! 🙂

Bronze Conversationalist

This morning, Let's Crossword was the imp. No matter what I tried, I could get Daily Mini and I could get Daily, but I couldn't get Let's.

Eventually, I gave up and just played the Daily Mini and Daily. Once those were done, I went back to the ordeal of trying to coax Let's out of hiding. I tried Games on and off along with other combinations I could think of. I even clicked Health on the left, but that didn't seem to do anything either. In my last attempt, I know I chose Games and I think I included Earn Frequency. Finally, Let's became available and I played it.

Sheesh! What's a fella gotta do to get 450 points!?

Stay well and enjoy!

Lynn

Regular Contributor

I’m in the hole with you, Lynn.😊 Usually I can play around with it and eventually get all 3 at some point, but only 2 today no matter what I try.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP