Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

BEWARE!!! AARP Now App Fitness Tracking (Fitbit)...Why?

Trusted Social Butterfly

BEWARE!!! AARP Now App Fitness Tracking (Fitbit)...Why?

Hello Rewards Warriors,

On 4/29/22 I got 17,000+ steps but was only given credit for 5,000 steps.  I cleared cookies & cache from my browsers, removed fitness tracker from the AARP Now app and uninstalled AARP Now.  I waited about 15 minutes and downloaded AARP Now and added Fitbit, synced device, checked bluetooth connection and checked my Fitbit App.  Still no 150 points update for the 10,000+ steps. 

I called Customer Service number provided and was transferred to a Web technician because now AARP Now app was asking me to link my AARP account, after I entered my Membership number I received a Sorry error message.  AARP Web technician told me log out of app for two (2) hours and log back in and hopefully it will update.  I logged back in (3) hours later and still no update, called Customer Service and the Rep questioned if I'd completed the 10,000 steps, I informed I'd send a screenshot of my steps, but she tried adding 300 pts to account and I informed that I was only missing 150 points. The AARP Now app never updated before closing or the next day with the steps.

4/30/22 I'm experiencing the same issue with not getting 150 points for 10,000+ steps.  I was getting my points for 10,000 steps until 4/29/22.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Has AARP started just giving points for 5,000 steps?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

I performed a search and numerous members have complained about this issue.  Uninstalling AARP Now, why so many problems with everything that should benefit seniors?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Contributor

Well on 9/27/2023 the fitness tracker started working again.   I remember an Android update around the same time.  I am wondering if other people have experienced the same miracle?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have the same problem with linking Google fit to AARP.  It quit working a couple months ago and never worked again.   I have asked for help but I get the same reply:  check permissions, and look for Google fit for the answer.  Well it appears that AARP is never reading the Google fit data based upon log files.  The AARP fitness tracker is broken and they have no interest in fixing it.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@jeffronius Hi Jeff, let's try this- Please go to the AARP Rewards Earn page and select Manage then click Remove This Tracker to fully disconnect it from your account. Once the tracker is removed from your account, please follow the steps to add it back: https://aarp.info/3emKZ8q If you continue to experience this issue, please send me a private message with more details so I can look into it further. Learn more about sending a private message here: How do I send a private message

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have removed and re-installed the fitness tracker several times and IT DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.  On Sept 1,2023 at 9PM  I removed the whole AARP app and re-installed it then added the fitness trainer link again.  During re-installation AARP asked to have access to FIT data  so permissions  is NOT THE PROBLEM.   I have pretty much exhausted the options.   It is probably from some Android or FIT update.   I am not sure if other android users have encountered this issue but i have had it since linking the fitness trainer several years ago.  It usually fixed itself when you removed the trainer link and reinstalled it.     This quit fixing the problem back in June 2023 which is the last time the link worked for me. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors,

5/4/22 got well over 10,000 steps and didn't receive 150 POINTS.  Can this be fixed?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@kb1248 

Thanks for responding to let me know I'm not along👍.

I feel that the surveys are used to add more things to the Rewards program for seniors to disagree with and complain about. 

The more you voice your opinion, the worst the things get😢, this is probably leading to the end of any type of Rewards for AARP.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Trusted Contributor

same thing here, well over 10k steps per day everyday, but once or twice a week, for no obvious reason, I do get credit for the 10k as well.  Don't monitor it closely, but it at least seems like I consistently get credit for the 30 miles per week and the 120 miles per month and those kinda seem like the days I get credit for the 10k.

I'm only writing since I see no replies to your post, sorry can't help, but at least you know you are not alone in this situation.  I spent time trying to get this remedied with no result, how ironic that they keep sending me surveys wanting to know what I think of AARP.  I mean, are they SERIOUS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP