Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

AARP SAFE TRIP (NEW APP?)

I saw that AARP came out with a new app called "Safe Trip" ?? I click on download the app and absolutely nothing happens. Also go to the Apple App Store and it doesnt show up when i search for it. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Is this new app to earn points etc live yet???

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@KevinHoffmanEst @WebWiseWoman @judyraekrull Let me know where you saw the info for this app and I'll look into it! The AARP Mobile Apps are shown on our site here: AARP Mobile Apps for iPhone and Android - AARP News App, Health & Money Tools

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Janelle. I am just learning about this app from my  AARP daily email. Downloaded from the app store without any problems and was also able to login to app with my AARP credentials. However given how much data I had to give permission for I would very much like to know more about how this app works and how to use it properly. I cannot find anything on it searching the AARP site nor googling. Can you point me to a user guide or something similar please and thank you?

Contributor

After several tries, I got it installed, but I need an instruction manual describing how it connects, and how each feature works. There should be a web page with all this information, otherwise I wonโ€™t know how to get started using it.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@KitKat5402 You may be interested in checking out this article with complete information: https://aarp.info/3OKI9eh The information AARP SafeTrip collects about your driving belongs to you and will not be sent to your insurance company. I invite you to review our privacy policy.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks Janelle but that only provided info on downloading and installing the app which I had no prolem doing. I am looking for something that describes the functionality and how to actually use the app. Seems nothing exists so I will just uninstall it.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@KitKat5402 You're welcome. This link is on the article from above- https://campaigns.aarp.org/safetrip-app/ That may have more of the details that you're looking for 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks again Janelle but that link too is just about how to download/install and what it does. Nothing on how to use it. I reached out to chat on the Safetrip page and he could not help either but gave me a phone number to call someone. It really should not be this hard to find info on how to use the app. I am giving up, uninstalling and moving on. Thanks anyway.

Periodic Contributor

I am also having issues. The code takes me to aarp now which I already have on my mobile device.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Same result here, @KevinHoffmanEst .

Just fyi... there are major issues with apple mapping (search apple maps wrong). I've had multiple deliveries go to another address, based on apple mapping being incorrect.

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP