Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

$10 Amazon Gift Card for 22,000 Points May Extra Credit

Trusted Social Butterfly

$10 Amazon Gift Card for 22,000 Points May Extra Credit

Hello Rewards Warriors

On 5/1 @AARPTeri  had a post about May Extra credit with links directing us to activities with the reward for completing.  I had already completely my daily activities before the post.  Don't see the post now, may have been removed or moved.

On 5/2 at 11:30a CT the $10 Amazon Extra Credit had disappeared in less than 24 hours @AARPTeri  & @sandy 😯 It was posted that May Extra Credit wasn't working.  What happened @AARPTeri and will this item be returned for those who completed all the activities and had no option to redeem points for $10 Amazon gift card?  Thanks for keeping issues honest, informative and above board😊

How many members got the card and how many were offered?  Thanks for keeping it real😇

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, thanks for doing that research. 

So it's still terrible service as usual, despite the attempt to deceive.  No hope for us.

Marylin

Periodic Contributor

I was able to get one of the $10 Amazon gift cards.

When I saw it, I immediately went to the Extra Credit section and completed the activities to get it.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I attempted to redeem for the $10 Amazon gift card but kept getting 'Oops, something went wrong.  Refresh your browser'.  I did but kept getting the message.  After about the third time, the card disappeared.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @k380494p

Truly don't think there was a card😢

Rewards members if you got the $10 Amazon Extra Credit let us know?

Congratulations to the winners😊

@sandy  where's the list of winners for Extra Credit rewards and how many items are offered?  Thanks for letting us.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

mi4090:  I am the person that posted on the other thread that I got the card.  I must have hit everything just right.  I was able to complete the activities with no problem and was able to get the Amazon card also with no problems.  In fact it was loaded onto my Amazon account yesterday morning.  So I know there was a card, just not sure how many there were.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @shamit  & @maccascruff12 

Thanks for letting us know, and Congratulations😊  Now we no there were at least (2) cards.

Do anyone else get a card?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090 @maccascruff12 @shamit 

Hello, Hello

Hi Everbody
From the Ray Stevens song: Hello, It's Me Again Margaret!

I wanted to touch base with ya'll again over this Extra Credit Activity ( lamo) that AARP so graciously extended to its gullible members.
The reason behind me thinking that the Earned Credit Reward would be available for the entire month, was not only does management in its FAQ's lead me to believe this but their Earned Credit site page says as much. Last month there was a $15 eCard for Omaha Steaks. I secured one on 4/22/20 and another on 4/30/20. ( I waited to see if something better came up, thinking my Earned Credit Rewards would be available until the end of the month) Ha Ha 
If I had not already used one of my 3 choices earlier in the month I would have purchased 3 Cards. After all the rules do say:
( The one gift card per month, per merchant rule specifically applies to gift cards for purchase only (not for points-only).
There were also 2 other cards listed that I deemed interesting (can't remember what they were but one was for like 117,000 pts and the other something like 58,000 pts I believe. Anyway they are now gone too ??
SO, bottom line, grab it as soon as it appears or before somebody else gets it or take a chance it may hang around.
The problem with that - you give up the chance of a really good card that may come up later in the month. All of this just leads to what all of us in the community have been asking for. Please, Please remove this 3 rewards per month limit.

I still think the Daily Deal is a joke
Just Saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Hi Marylin 

I was wondering what all the flack was about over the May Extra Credit Amazon Card, so I did a little investigating and discovered that the captions and FAQ's at the Extra Credit Site (You completed the lesson above, enjoy access to these deals through May 31, 2020!) and (Nice Job! You've gained access to all May's Extra Credit deals! Be sure to redeem them before the month is over.) ain't worth a hoot. I was under the impression that I had access to these deals for the entire month. Stupid me. Upon checking my Extra Credits I realized the $25 Wayfair card was gone (was thinking I could use this ). Strange though the Carrabba's card was still there (not one single restaurant in Mississippi ). As I mentioned in another post, the Extra Credit idea is so lame and Rewards Program is total chaos. 

Did I mention that HelloWorld is out and Merkle is in. Hope it works out

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 @rednexsrus 

Apparently, Merkle acquired HelloWorld! in 2018, long before AARP Rewards started using them last year.

I don't know why they changed the name from HelloWorld to Merkle in the official rules, but it appears to be under the same ownership since we have been on this program.  They are using the same address: 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075 in the official rules; the same address that HelloWorld! used.  So, I doubt that the "new" name matters.  But, I could be wrong and it will make a World of difference (pardon the pun).

"HelloWorld, a digital marketing solutions provider focused on promotion and loyalty solutions, was acquired by Merkle in January 2018..."

Quote from article about Merkle acquisition of HelloWorld! found at: https://www.merkleinc.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2019/merklehelloworld-named-strong-performe... 

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, the first day Extra Credit appeared you couldn't redeem your points for anything, and then the bombarding of Management post on the Corona Virus with a game/sweeps posted in wrong forum😮

No rules, guidelines or winners list😤  Pure distraction with disappearing rewards😡

Now we are missing points for activities on a daily basis, I missed getting 1,200 points over the weekend, and points for 1 or 2 videos daily.

Management, where's the Transaction History fix, remove the (3) per month limit and give us some points only gift cards worth more than $5😴

Hopefully, Merkle can do better.

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@rednexsrus 

Thanks for the info.   That's what happened to me in April.  I didn't jump on the Panera or Lowes cards and they were gone in a short period of time.   

Are you saying there is another new administrator of AARP Rewards?

I don't know if you have Outback in MS but the gift "card" I redeemed for Carrabras is good at all the restaurants in the chain. I've never seen a Fleming's but we have the other three in VA.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

Not sure where @rednexsrus (Lucy) is in MS, but I'm close to MS state line in TN and I've been to Outback in MS.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090  I imagine you saw by now that someone posted on another thread that they got it.  It must have sold out really fast once the link was fixed.   It was inaccessible when I attempted it and had disappeared when I checked back later.

Conversationalist

In fact it disappeared right away yesterday morning, as soon as the initial problem with the extra credit otained not permitting to access the extra credit rewards was fixed. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP