Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ Switzerland!

Anyone live there or visited or would like to? ๐Ÿค”

I hope to visit before I die. Lovely country from all the movies I have watched. ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ‘‰  FROM GOOGLE: Switzerland is a mountainous Central European country, home to numerous lakes, villages and the high peaks of the Alps. Its cities contain medieval quarters, with landmarks like capital Bernโ€™s Zytglogge clock tower and Lucerneโ€™s wooden chapel bridge. The country is also known for its ski resorts and hiking trails. Banking and finance are key industries, and Swiss watches and chocolate are world renowned. โ€• Google

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply to this post, click on REPLY BUTTON at bottom of this post, enter your text, then click REPLY BUTTON again.โ—€๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone live there or visited or would like to? 

๐Ÿค”

I hope to visit before I die. Lovely country from all the movies I have watched. ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ‘‰  FROM GOOGLE: Switzerland is a mountainous Central European country, home to numerous lakes, villages and the high peaks of the Alps. Its cities contain medieval quarters, with landmarks like capital Bernโ€™s Zytglogge clock tower and Lucerneโ€™s wooden chapel bridge. The country is also known for its ski resorts and hiking trails. Banking and finance are key industries, and Swiss watches and chocolate are world renowned. โ€• Google 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been to Switzerland several times and enjoyed every trip. I suggest going thru a travel agency for a first trip. The rail system is excellent!  But driving is a great way to see the small towns. We enjoyed Basel and Zurich for walking cities. Driving up in to the Alps is breathtaking and a โ€œmust doโ€. 

Contributor

I also have read that it is a beautiful country although there are many throughout Europe.

In all the countries I have visited through the years, I have yet to go to Switzerland. So, it is on my bucket list of places to visit in the next year or so.

Here is hoping that we both get to go. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment)  Hmmm, I wonder IF English maybe included in the "other" category? ๐Ÿค”

FROM GOOGLE:

โžก๏ธLanguages Spoken.

German (official) 63.7%,

French (official) 19.2%,

Italian (official) 7.6%,

Romansch (official) 0.6%,

other 8.9%

โžก๏ธEthnic Groups.

German 65%,

French 18%,

Italian 10%,

Romansch 1%,

other 6%.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

While Switzerland is beautiful... from what I have read.....lodging is expensive, upwards of $400-$500 a night, food is unreasonably expensive and not all that delectable, and entertainment costs are high too.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP