Trusted Contributor

✈️ Budget Traveler's Guide to Visiting Chicago​ (AARP Article)

👉  Any comments? Anyone lives there, visited or want to? 🤔 Oh yes the WINDY CITY, 😱 was a Flight Attendant at age 18 for Ozark Airlines. Lol, lasted 2 years before I quit and moved to SUNNY FLORIDA. 🙂

👉ARTICLE DATE: April 07, 2022

Chicago is known for its chilly, windswept weather, but don’t be fooled. For much of the year, the metropolis, built on 22 miles of Lake Michigan’s southern shore, offers comfortable temperatures for outdoor enjoyment of its architectural and natural pleasures — many of which are free.

👉

LINK TO ONLINE AARP ARTICLE 

➡️To reply to this post, click on REPLY BUTTON at bottom of this post, enter your text, then click REPLY BUTTON again.⬅️

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

1 comment 📝FROM THE ARTICLE

Where to stay. I like to clue friends in about lesser-known hotel options, especially those conveniently located by one of the elevated (the L) or subway train lines, such as in Old Town or Lincoln Park. One stop from Michigan Avenue’s retail-centric Magnificent Mile, the Ambassador Chicago hotel (1301 N. State Parkway) sometimes has rooms listed for $119 and up on its site, and they can appear on Hotels.com for $116 a night. HotelTonight consistently has options for $100 or less; I’ve used it to book a staycation at the Hotel Lincoln (1816 N. Clark St.), a stylish boutique lodging at the edge of Lincoln Park, for $100.

@APassionateLife wrote:

👉  Any comments? Anyone lives there, visited or want to? 🤔 Oh yes the WINDY CITY, 😱 was a Flight Attendant at age 18 for Ozark Airlines. Lol, lasted 2 years before I quit and moved to SUNNY FLORIDA. 🙂

👉ARTICLE DATE: April 07, 2022

Chicago is known for its chilly, windswept weather, but don’t be fooled. For much of the year, the metropolis, built on 22 miles of Lake Michigan’s southern shore, offers comfortable temperatures for outdoor enjoyment of its architectural and natural pleasures — many of which are free.

👉

LINK TO ONLINE AARP ARTICLE 

➡️To reply to this post, click on REPLY BUTTON at bottom of this post, enter your text, then click REPLY BUTTON again.⬅️

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I love the architecture in Chicago. I watch House Hunters on HGTV regularly and when they go to Chicago, I like all three houses that the couple tour, especially when they are looking at older homes.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP