Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

SCIATICA & PLANTAR FACIITIS

I have been suffering with sciatica and plantar faciitis for the last 8 months.  Would like to hear from others who have experienced this condition. 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

The plantar faciitis/sciatica saga continues....it is a terribly painful seemingly never ending tale of suffering. To all who are experiencing this condition please know I know what you are feeling. Hang in there and please send me an update about your treatment. Thank you.

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

I have been suffering with sciatica and plantar faciitis for the last 12 months.  Would like to hear from others who have experienced this condition. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

For anyone suffering from this miserable condition I highly recommend this program on PBS.

http://www.classicalstretch.com/ 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

My understanding about plantar facitis is that it is due to pronation of your feet.  In other words, we don't walk straight and our feet sag inward or outward depending on the shoes you are wearing.  I used to have pain in my heels until I started wearing orthotic inserts in my shoes.  Talk to an orthotic doctor.  The idea is to get your arches high enough up so your foot straightens out in your shoes.  They even have orthotics that are made for you where you step on a substance in a box that takes an impression of your foot to see where you need the support.  I have two of them and they are wonderful.  They are leather covered and are very comfortable.  good luck!

Gold Conversationalist

JaneL69...you are so right!  I have been trying for months to correct my gait and alignment but unfortunately have had no success - so tomorrow I begin physical therapy for sciatica and I'm scheduled to meet with a podiatrist after the pt sessions are over.  This condition has been incredibly painful and debillitating.  I am hopeful things will improve soon.

@JaneL69 wrote:

My understanding about plantar facitis is that it is due to pronation of your feet.  In other words, we don't walk straight and our feet sag inward or outward depending on the shoes you are wearing.  I used to have pain in my heels until I started wearing orthotic inserts in my shoes.  Talk to an orthotic doctor.  The idea is to get your arches high enough up so your foot straightens out in your shoes.  They even have orthotics that are made for you where you step on a substance in a box that takes an impression of your foot to see where you need the support.  I have two of them and they are wonderful.  They are leather covered and are very comfortable.  good luck!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have had 2 plantar faciitis surgeries on my right foot to release the faciitis and relieve pain.The reason for 2 is due to the fact that they want to do the smallest cut only to relieve pain since if the cut is too large you could lose complete use of your foot permanately. I suffered over 3 years prior to surgery. I did everything...I had orthotics made, did PT, exercises and stretches, etc per doctor to no avail. My first surgery wasn't enough, but the second one helped alot. I still get pain, but nothing like before mostly after over doing it or standing too long, etc. I hope you find relief soon. Also I found some relief with rolling a frozen water bottle a few times a day for about 20 minutes. Again I hope you get relief soon.

Gold Conversationalist

ec77241983

I cannot imagine the pain you experienced...how did you do it?  I definitely have gained a new perspective on how debilitating pain can be causing suffering for so many.

Thank you for your words of support.

@ec77241983 wrote:

I have had 2 plantar faciitis surgeries on my right foot to release the faciitis and relieve pain.The reason for 2 is due to the fact that they want to do the smallest cut only to relieve pain since if the cut is too large you could lose complete use of your foot permanately. I suffered over 3 years prior to surgery. I did everything...I had orthotics made, did PT, exercises and stretches, etc per doctor to no avail. My first surgery wasn't enough, but the second one helped alot. I still get pain, but nothing like before mostly after over doing it or standing too long, etc. I hope you find relief soon. Also I found some relief with rolling a frozen water bottle a few times a day for about 20 minutes. Again I hope you get relief soon.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP