Credit freezes are free under a federal law that just went into effect. Learn how to protect your credit.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SCIATICA - Piriformis

Message 1 of 5
arusinsky,
Thank you for the information. Your physical routine is incredible. I am afraid of opioid use but understand those who use them in cases of severe pain.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5
ss11943859,
Sandee2,
Thank you for your reply.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

I have one or the other but it has spontaneously gotten better.  I tried piriformis stretches described here:

I take 150 mg. of the Schedule IV opioid, pentazocine/naloxone, before walking 10 miles/day for exercise. There is a huge genetic variance on people's responses to specific opioids and this particular opioid suits my genetics best. This opioid is unlikely to work well for you. But, generally speaking, opioids are most effective in reducing discomfort from low intensity, less localized pain such as that resulting from sciatica. I suggest you find one that is effective by trial and error so that you can exercise and only take it before you exercise so you don't develop a tolerance.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

My husband has sciatica.( I don't know what piriformis is ) ? He goes to V.A. for medical help. He recently had a shot in his hip region-cortisone. Didn't help for more than a couple days. He has a difficult time walking. Tylenol no help. I wish we had the $$ to try accupuncture !

I'm glad you feel better. I like the cute pic with your post, too !

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

SCIATICA - Piriformis

Message 5 of 5
The old sciatica/piriformis pain has been incredibly intense the last couple of days.  OMG!  Fortunately I get some relief using the Bed Buddy and heat plus Tylenol/Ibuprofen and Lidocaine rub.  Stretching is painful but necessary to help ease the pain on the sciatic nerve.  Fortunately today I am feeling better.

To anyone out there experiencing the pain I just described - Hang in there!

goodmorningall_345.gif
Kudos
Views
Replies