Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

About Pfizer shots...

About 3 weeks after my second shot, for a few days, I felt ill ; feverish & chilled, very tired. One night being especially bad, shivering all night & feverish. Thought I had a break-through case, so had a covid test-it was negative. My husband was talking to a relative who lives some distance away, & she said my symntoms sounded like a flu that was going on around the area where she lived.

I never did know exactly what my problem was , but wonder if it was a side effect of the shot ?

Anyone else have this happen ? I hope all those who've had covid are feeling better now !

Take care !  ๐Ÿ‘

Sandee2
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I was a bit achy after the 2nd Moderna vac (next day) but nothing that a little acetaminophen couldn't handle with a few down hours.  Passed as fast as it came -

However, I do feel that my tinnitus got louder - no worse, just louder and I reported this to the CDC.  It is still louder.  ๐Ÿค”  Just have to get use to it . . . . . accommodate it !  ๐Ÿ˜ 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi Sandee, Listen, I have been paying particular attention to those who have had some bad reaction to the Pfizers, and I have concluded that most if not all, had the virus at some time before the shot, and many didn't even know it! My wife & I had early-on shots back in Feb. of '21, with absolutely NO ill effects, and we just returned from a trip where we were reunited with a couple of dear friends who gave us lots of hugs and kisses and then four days later, E-mailed us that they both tested positive for Covid ! They claimed to have had both shots, but that was a month ago and we never showed the first symptom, and one of them was still sick. My conclusion? They lied about being vaccinated !

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

No they might not have lied.

Even after being vaccinated, we can carry the virus and spread it to others - those vaccinated and those not vaccinated.  Those fully vaccinated with a breakthrough infection can be either symptomatic or asymptomatic. 

Occasionally, people who have been fully vaccinated can also end up in the hospital or even die - not often, presently, but the efficacy of the vaccine(s) against the Delta variety is waning - thus the talk for a booster.  Scientist just have to agree on why the vaccine(s) efficacy is waning.

Thus Everybody needs to wear a mask - a KN95 mask, at least, when around others - vaccinated or not - unless you are outside with a lot of social distancing.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Bronze Conversationalist

True !  The vaccine is new, untested-no time for that. Will the booster help ?

As you said-"It's Always Something". No vaccine has ever proven 100% effective.

Sandee2
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ss11943859 wrote:

True !  The vaccine is new, untested-no time for that.

Please refrain from passing along INACCURATE information.

Not only have all the vaccines been tested but they have been thoroughly tested.

Please discontinue attempting to foment MISINFORMATION.

Bronze Conversationalist

I hope you & your wife are ok !  Too bad, though, if your friends lied about being vaccinated-and then hugged & kissed you ! Not good. I've wondered how many people have had your experience; aquaintances not telling the truth just to be able to keep in touch. Doesn't help slow the spread for sure ! Guess we just have to be careful, mask up, etc. even if we've had shots. What else can we do ?

Take care !  ๐Ÿ™‚

Sandee2
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP