Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Re:

I think it's something worth knowing about.

You might too after you "check it out."  With a half million + people already dead and no end in sight, this might be helpful.

Be careful there are a few drugs with similar names.

I'd be curious what others think.

I ran across it when I was on a bulletin board reading stuff about Dr David Sinclair (a VERY interesting person - in my opinion).  He's looking into aging and has come up with some really wild stuff - but that's for another topic on another day.  Anyway someone mentioned it in a discussion, so I was curious and did some Google - ing.  

Stay safe!

As always -in my opinion, and NOT advice

(c 05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi, I came back and some of this stuff is almost two months old!  So if nobody objects, I'm going to start deleting some of the older posts.   This will take place when I get time, like everybody - it's limited. 

Comments - let me know

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Bye Bye COVID, HURRAY!  the worst is past, or is it?   

May 14th, 2021,

Elsewhere in the world, India, with one sixth of the world's entire population is a Covid-disaster!   According to "Worldmeters.info" India had 343,288 new cases yesterday and a minimum of 3,999 deaths.  Since April 21st, 2021 India has had over 300,000 new cases daily and doesn't appear to be getting better.  

If Covid-19 couldn't easily cross borders we could callously smile and go about our business, but what happens there affects us as well.  New variants are coming into existance and these may have attributes that make them much harder to deal with.  One, in particular, has already been detected here.  We DON"T want India's dire situation to be our future! 

If we can't stop the virus WE NEED A TREATMENT THAT WORKS!  

https://www.questclinical.com/video-hope-for-critically-ill-covid-19

We need the only safe, proven treatment >> Leronlimab, so if YOU or I or a friend or a Loved one gets Covid-19, we can DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

(Because right now - there isn't an approved proven treatment that works, so if you get a BAD case of Covid-19 - you're in TROUBLE!)

What do YOU think? 

My opinion, not advice

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

AND ONLY 475 new deaths today!! Better, but indeed sickening!

A little comparison

Covid-19------02/28/2020 - 05/29/2021-----15 months-----609,421 deaths
Civil War------04/12/1861 - 04/09/1865-----48 months-----623,026 deaths
World War 2--09/01/1939 - 09/02/1945-----72 months
------------Combat deaths------------------------------------------291,557 deaths
------------Total US deaths (est.)----------------------------------419,000 deaths

Now leronlimab could not have done much to affect the wars (it wasn't around anyway), but it definitely could have affected the outcome of the Covid-19 death count. (Not to mention the "long Haulers" many who are to varying degrees incapacitated)

And yet, while LERONLIMAB

(A CCR5 ANTAGONIST WHICH BLUNTS THE CYTOKINE STORM RESULTING FROM COVID-19 - THE PRIMARY CAUSE OF DEATHhas NO SAEs (Serious Adverse Events),

and Leronlimab has demonstrated efficacy time and again! -

Case Study of a Critically Ill Person With Covid-19 on ECMO successfully treated with leronlimab
2021 Mar 23
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7985604/

Meanwhile, Leronlimab's approval by the FDA (so it can be used to save people in severe and critical states) has been stalled, apparently "slow-rolled", while the company CytoDyn, Inc. has been constantly bombarded with short attacks, misleading/false information being circulated about it, stock manipulation, etc.

So people die...and when new variants and cold weather returns...what do YOU think is going to happen?

Final thought - if something is essentially safe and presents NO RISKwhy not allow its use for people suffering without hope?

(There's NO other drug that has demonstrated Leronlimab's degree of efficacy in lowering mortality...except Leronlimab!)

My opinion, not advice

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Short, powerful, video that says it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHbF6nWzbe8

My opinion, not advice

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

New Harvard study reveals Institutional Corruption of Pharmaceuticals and how FDA cannot be trusted with public safety

2021 Mar 8 (not positive about this)

https://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/institutional-corruption-of-pharmaceutica...

For your amusement, not advice

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

"FDA are working tiressly to protect Americans from Menthol cigarettes while people needlessly die of COVID."

From BBNCT

(my opinion, but not my quote)

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Information out of date

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Sorry - this could be really bad news.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14667687/scientists-world-most-mutated-covid-strain/

FWIW - The Covid-19 that initially was responsible for all the suffering and death has refined its "act."  While the very long Covid-19 genome can easily mis-replicate, most of the time the results are not especially viable (they are "dead-ends" and can't replicate).  A few will survive and some will even become more efficient than the original Covid-19.  We call these variants, since they are very similar to the original but slightly different.  What is concerning is when the mutations are so numerous and profound it produces a "quantum" leap in its development >> a new strain of Covid-19.  We were hoping to get some control over this virus before that happened, but... it appears ...well read the article above and see what you think.  

My opinion, not advice

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you to the contributor that assembled this, it answers a lot of questions!

(My opinion not advice) You've probably never heard of Leronlimab (aka Vyrologix), but since Covid-19 is not going away peacefully, you might want to make its acquaintance.  It could be the treatment (not a vaccine) you need to save your life or the life of others you love.

Check out this link - it will answer a lot of questions:

https://www.getleronlimab.com/

My opinion not advice

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

(This article is a bit outdated, but left here for information only)

This is April 10, 2021...some updates Stuff from the people that make leronlimab and elsewhere

So to me (and probably you) >> BREAK THROUGH NEWS!! <<<

And you get my opinion as well... so consider everything as such and do your own research.

Here is the link for the current Cytodyn press releases: https://www.cytodyn.com/newsroom/press-releases

Go down to the events on April 5th, 2021.  Now that would seem to be a miracle, but that's why they do studies - just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.  But the crazy thing is, it was out of the US's and Big Pharma's hands, so in a way it worked in this case!  And there's no "con" or data-twiddling.  

Now in the press releases go up to April 7th, 2021.  28 patients get these special permissions to get leronlimab in one hospital.  I guess the Philippine government is "rolling the dice."

We should get the results fairly soon.  If it's working as the MOA suggests ...and then...comes a

real MIND BLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT

I turns out the former President of the Philippines has Covid badly :

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/philippine-president-estrada-ventilator-covid-19-76899535

So >>> you've probably guessed it by now >>>> I appears the former President of the Philippines is on the road to recovery.  AND it appears to be due to >>> LERONLIMAB (aka Vyrologix, aka Pro 140).

The president's son on facebook answering questions from Jennifer Burke (you may have to scroll down a little)

https://stocktwits.com/Bio4/message/313990829

Okay, so this could be all staged, but if it is - it's an elaborate hoax.  There should be more confirmation coming out but if this is true then...why can't our dying neighbors get leronlimab?

And when Janet Woodcock, the FDA administrator, finally approves leronlimab - will there be any left?  According to Cytodyn, Inc.  They've sort of promised 100,000 doses to the Philippines, supposedly 600,000 doses to Brazil, and other countries are probably noticing the limited supply (currently  only 1,200,000 doses) and want to get their place in line.

Me and YOU, we in the US want some here for our wives, kids, neighbors, friends, countrymen, (not just the fat, well-connected few!)  Janet, their studies have beaten the SOC (standard of care - the best the FDA allows to be used).  

This is Not an antiviral, it will not replace the vaccines.  It addresses the result of the virus totally screwing with your immune system.  Just about everyone that dies is from their own body going immunologically out of whack.  Another plus - so far since it isn't an anti-viral it appears effective with the variants as well.

Hey my opinion but check it out for yourself.  You saw all those folks partying for Easter and Spring Break, and the variants are spreading as they come home with "not obvious" symptoms...

Comments?

As always - in my opinion, and NOT advice

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Article a bit outdated so removed

( c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

April 16, 2021 1:43 am  An update appeared today.  It appears more of the available supply of leronlimab is destined for the Philippines.  None for us..yet.  and in some quarters it appears thumb-twiddling is king 

(an article and my opinion)

Sorry a long link: 

http://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/04/15/2210946/19782/en/CytoDyn-Executes-Exclusive-Sup...

There goes another 100,000 vials of leronlimab (aka Vyrologix, aka Pro 140).  Let's see - 1,200,000 vials total

Philippines gets 200,000

Brazil has dibs on 600,000

How much has been

used in research, EINDs,

studies, etc.?

So there's less than 400,000 vials available

The announcement says  "The Company will accelerate manufacturing of leronlimab at Samsung BioLogics upon such approval.”  So after some country issues an EUA (if and when that happens - meanwhile they let some people have it by EIND or CSP) the company calls up Samsung and says, "STOP what you're doing and start making leronlimab!"  You can visualize the Samsung executives trying not to chortle and guffaw!  

So, how long will that take (I can't imagine they're sitting there drinking gingseng tea just waiting for our order, so they can get started).  Seriously, that product line is probably cranking out other orders.  How long will it take to ACTUALLY GET more leronlimab?

Meanwhile our FDA administrator Janet Woodcock (YOU pay part of her salary with your taxes - so technically she is partially your employee  Janet.Woodcock@fda.hhs.gov) still hasn't made it available in the US.  

If I get Covid-19, I don't want remdesivir (my opinion - google: remdesivir WHO  Nov 20, 2020), yes dexamethasone sounds like it's Okay, but I DO WANT LERONLIMAB!

AND, DON'T WAIT UNTIL I'M CRITICAL TO GET STARTED!  START RIGHT AWAY AND DO A SHOT A WEEK UNTIL ALL TRACES OF THE VIRUS HAVE VANISHED (porbably four shots) and a nice glass of single malt!

Meanwhile, I'm pleased for the company that makes the stuff (good for them - if the US isn't going to buy it, I guess they're doing what they need to), but not too pleased that it's not available here.  Also, hopefully it will be approved and become part of the SOC (Standard Of Care - the stuff the FDA says is the best we have and can be used.  Stuff NOT included in the SOC means a physician risks their license and serious liability if they use it.).  I suspect we'd both prefer it to be covered (at least partially) by insurance.

Oh well, so the Philippines now has dibs on one sixth of the available supply.  Also, the Philippines is getting more CSP (Compassionate Special Permit) requests to use leronlimab, as people find out about it.  Good for them...  

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Note >>> Janet Woodcock the FDA administrator I would NEVER wish to imply she's incompetent or not doing her job.  She's got to deal with a few hundred drugs in varying stages of development and that's only a piece of the pie as FOOD and DRUG ADMINISTRATION implies.  That's a whole lot of "territory she's the sheriff of" and this is NOT an easy place to be in a "Covid-Storm."  

There are a lot of BIG Companies blowing BIGGGG HORNS and others doing their best to get attention as well.  Cacophony!

I wish Janet Woodcock the best of success with a challenging position.  I hope she can focus on what will best help us to survive Covid-19 and treatment-wise see the simple promise of leronlimab.  I doubt it's a "magic wand" and probably won't help everybody, but  I'd sure like it as part of our arsenal and covered by insurance or the Gov't treatment for Covid plan (if there is one). .

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Right to Try - That's legislation that was passed, has anybody used it?  Right now (and since the company is probably getting people for the next few studies they have to do before MAYBE this drug can be released) you probably can't get an EIND.  But I don't know.  But once they're filled and running .... maybe.  

So if anybody reading this knows some of the ins and outs of "Right to Try" please jump in.  To me - this is deadly serious ( and maybe to you)!  I want to prepare a, 

"To my Power of Attorney or whomever" and tell them exactly what I want them to do.  But, what I instruct must be absolutely clear and correct!  

In the meantime stay safe, stay careful, 1 out of 20 is good, but at my age and with my conditions, rolling the die is a bad idea.  ...And I assume many of you are NOT, sharply chiseled Olympians, in a state off perpetual health, LOL.

So it's like life insurance, we hope we're never going to use it, LOL

I'm told I'm a little crazy, in saying this, but, this virus is extraordinary.  If you were a judge standing on the sidelines watching the struggle of man verses virus - I think you'd join me in extreme respect.  As I've said before...Very tiny> microscopically so < "Davids" stacking up huge piles of gargantuan Goliaths (us).   What a innovative design.  It's ability to penetrate the cell and replicate, potentially refine (mutations errors die out, successes  - hmmmm), we get variants, and eventually we may get a new strain (far different characteristics IMO).  Brilliant design, while simultaneously countenancing strategic differences in behavior.  Think democracy, "Duh, I know my rights." vs "Leader says - all will wear masks in public!" Bingo 

Guess who loses...

Interesting implications - a discussion for another time.

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Information: The information formerly presented here has since been updated.

(Actually, the results appear to be even better.)

My opinion, not advice

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Long Haulers - it appears there's a possibility that leronlimab (aka Vryrologix aka Pro 140)  could easily be efficacious for many "long-haulers."  It's because it targets the balance of immune elements beside controlling the CCR5 receptor (and, to be honest, I could have this part entirely wrong!) Still, while there's a significant difference between  before a Covid-19  infection and after...that could be relevant!.  So far the drug has had a lot of success - I hope for all of our sakes, it continues successful!

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Leronlimab is being tested (a double-blind clinical study) with "Long Haulers" 

Two short clips - but they show there's hope here too.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/covid-19-long-hauler-hopes-to-benefit-from-local-trial/2385419/ ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXLUp6vTvg0

Things found, (my opinion), not advice 

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Promising Results for Critical Covid Patients:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSATe6R0fjA

This is a "Dr Been" presentation.  His real name is Dr. Mobeen Syed, and he does presentations on various biotech "items."  He has a significant following and does a nice job explaining challenging concepts in a simplistic way (complete with cute diagrams and analogies to make it easier to understand, etc.).  Meanwhile his followers submit insightful questions, which he answers.  He is surprisingly objective and is not an investor, so has no axe to grind.  Check it out - and hopefully you never need this information, but it's like fire extinguishers, we have them and hope we never have to use them.  

For your information and entertainment only.  About 15 and a half minutes long.

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

FWIW - It's easy to be confused with a few hundred new drugs in varying stages of development, I think Leronlimab (aka Vyrologix, aka Pro 140), has a good chance to help limit Covid-19's death count.  With 566,611 (worldometers.info today) DEAD, it's hard to ignore Covid-19 is scary.  For this reason I wanted to let people know about a very valuable medicine that (hopefully) will soon be in the drug tool box!   Of course, IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?  THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED TO CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR!!!  Nothing I say here should be considered medical advice!!!  This is my opinion only and I'm definitely not a doctor!!! 

ALSO >> NOTHING I'VE POSTED SHOULD BE TAKEN AS INVESTMENT ADVICE!!!    PLEASE consult your investment advisor!!!  While I try to include only "credible" information, IT MAY NOT BE ACCURATE!  So YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.  Tiny biotechs might sound exciting, but are VERY (my opinion) RISKY!!!  GET ADVICE FROM A KNOWLEDGEABLE INVESTMENT ADVISOR!!  Do NOT take anything in these posts as investment advice!

And to reiterate: 

I like Leronlimab, its promise, want it approved and others to know about it.  But – I’m NOT SUGGESTING YOU USE LERONLIMAB!  PLEASE,  CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!  While it appears to be safe, sooner or later someone somewhere might/could/will ?? have a reaction.  I hope not, but it hasn't been tested on vast numbers of people.  DON'T TAKE CHANCES >>> CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR!!  I am only providing information I've collected for your “entertainment”, NONE OF THE INFORMATION I'VE PROVIDED SHOULD BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE!! 

Hopefully, leronlimab will be approved and can be utilized to save lives.  I'd prefer that Covid-19 becomes an inconvenience rather than the killer it currently is!  That's where I'm coming from! 

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Another Big Thanks!

I'm passing this along - often information is too technical (some of the drug trials and published papers), so it's nice when I get sent something that is short, easily understood, and appears to be accurate/credible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W84-ORWbKPM

Only 4 minutes.  It also brings out a good point - as one of the Medical people interviewed for CNN's "The Covid Doctors" last Sunday night at 9 edt (Not sure of the exact title), said, "there will be another pandemic."  Well it might necessitate development of different vaccines, but if the CCR5 "receptor" is affected - then Leronlimab should be considered.  

Interesting.

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My opinion, okay - check things out for yourelf:

As "older folk" the vaccines are really a blessing, but some still get zapped with the Covid-19.  The medical people have really improved on the treatments, but some patients still progress to a dangerous point.  I put this up because it appears there is some "hope."  

(Okay every time I try to post the abstract from the actual article – it says to correct the highlighted error, except there is no highlighted error.  So, I decided to do my best to put the article (in this case an “abstract” which is like a summary) in my words.  If you want to Google the article yourself – Lead author = Sohier Elneil and the title “Case study of a critically ill person with Covid-19 on ECMO successfully treated with leronlimab” )

Essentially, a male was admitted to a London Teaching hospital.  They used nasal swabs and confirmed he was positive for SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19).  The man was in his late 50’s and in critical condition. He was a prior smoker and had well-controlled hypertension. 

He was treated with dexamethasone for 10 days.

Remdesivir was started on Day 1

He had a plasma exchange on Day 4

He also had other interventions including intravenous antibiotics.

Unfortunately, he continued to deteriorate and was put on ECMO starting day 19

The ECMO machine is similar to the heart-lung by-pass machine used in open-heart

surgery.  It pumps and oxygenates a patient’s blood outside the body, allowing the

heart and lungs to rest.

They were approved for an EIND (I explain that below) and managed to get four doses of Leronlimab (700 mg).  The doses were administered on Days 79, 86, 93, and 100.

“The subject responded extremely rapidly and was weaned of ECMO between days 82 to 84.”

He was discharged from the ECMO intensive care unit on Day 91.

No adverse safety issues were identified from administration of leronlimab.

Oxygen therapy and intravenous antibiotics (for ventilator-associated pneumonia) were continued after getting off ECMO.

At the last follow-up the patient’s condition continues to improve and he is in rehabilitation. 

I think this is some pretty good news!

FWIW

I hope my “translation” of the article is accurate.  I deleted a lot of the technical stuff and highly recommend you use the information in the second paragraph if you wish to view the “real McCoy.”

Re: Leronlimab - This stuff is hard to get, but several people in dire straits have gotten it through obtaining an EIND (Emergency Investigational New Drug approval from the FDA.  It's a lot of paperwork and you'll need several people to cooperate but there have been over 60 EINDs so far.)

I know if I get Covid badly (I'll be too zonked to do the work, but), I hope my wife will start the ball rolling for the EIND.

The best of health and hope to all and STAY SAFE!

As always -in my opinion, and NOT advice

(C 5-22-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Speaking of treatments

Doctor Peter McCullough was testifying before the senate in Texas.  He makes some powerful points.  While early on I was researching on how to avoid or deal with this Covid-19, I guess most people weren't.

So...when they finally, after being tested, are told they are positive, guess what happens.

They are told to, "Go home.  If it gets really bad, go to the hospital."

What's missing here?

You get no clues on how to handle Covid or any treatments to combat it.  just, "Go home."

The treatments don't start until you finally drag yourself to the hospital.  Why aren't we telling people how to help themselves?  Can we help people avoid having to go to th hospital by giving them some "home based treatments?" 

This was part of what McCullough was bringing out.  Check out his testimony here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAHi3lX3oGM

He a very good speaker and makes several other good points as well.

He also edited a phamphlet "A Guide to Home-based Covid Treatment"

I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU DISCUSS THE TREATMENTS AND OTHER SUGGESTIONS WITH YOUR DOCTOR  - THE BOOKLET IS FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY!! You can view the phamphlet here:

https://aapsonline.org/CovidPatientTreatmentGuide.pdf

Stay alert ,stay masked, stay distant,  etc.  and STAY SAFE.  We have to work together to survive this thing!  Don't become its next meal!

(As always, this is all my opinion, what I've come across or has been shared by others. You'll notice leronlimab is NOT mentioned in the phamphlet - since it's not approved by the FDA, here in the US, yet...)

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

From "Newsline World" in the Philippines:

"FDA CONSIDERING IVERMECTIN, LERONLIMAB AS COVID-19 TREATMENT"

Please understand this is NOT the USA FDA, it is the Philippines' FDA, Okay?  Looks like they're taking leronlimab seriously as Covid-19 rages on.  The number of requests for CSPs (Compassionate Special Permit) in the Philippine is steadily increasing. 

[In the Philippines, If a drug has not been officially approved, the only way to get access is with an approved CSP.] 

One doctor complained of phone calls waking him at 3am (their time) trying to get a CSP. 

Take a look:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=468548907754699

What about our FDA???  I want it available here...just in case!

As always, my opinion, this is NOT advice.

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Post out-dated

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

A leading "treatment" used in the US is Remdesivir, is it "on the ropes?"

This article is from the World Health Organization dated Novermber 20, 2020.  

Here's the headline: 

"WHO recommends against the use of remdesivir in COVID-19 patients"

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-recommends-against-the-use-of-remdesivir-in...

Now "Public Citizen" (April 21, 2021) is expressing concern, here's the headline:

"FDA’s Approval of COVID-19 Treatment Should Be Promptly Revisited in Consultation with Outside Experts"

https://www.citizen.org/news/fdas-approval-of-covid-19-treatment-should-be-promptly-revisited-in-con...

These are things I've found, (my opinion), not advice!  See what you think.

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

There are some very controversial portions in Peter McCullough MD's testimony.  That's a good reason to discuss what you are going to do, or how to help yourself  >>> with your doctor!!

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Leronlimab 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Leronlimab  - no reported SAE (severe adverse effects) so far

Over a thousand people

Some for more than five years

My opinion, not advice

(C 05-22-2021)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Ooooooh I missed this - thank you for the link!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chiral-pharma-corp-assist-philippine-210100495.html

DIBs on 100,000 patients' worth of leronlimab (200,000 syringes/doses) are already held for the Philippines.

That's a much bigger leak from the not-so-big-"barrel" of supply.  I gather Samsung (in Korea) is contracted to produce Leronlimab (aka Vyrologix, aka Pro 140).  Wonder how much and how fast they can get more out - will more be available this year?  I'm getting tired of dodging this disease and Walensky's reaction (the CDC director) didn't put my mind at ease.

(c-05-23-21)

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP