Search

Social Butterfly

Kidney Stone Rhyming

Four kidney stones in two years, 

so I'm asking docs and peers.

Hydrate is what is touted,

so water? no people flouted.

Just drink lots of beers!*

This is solely for entertainment*  If you do have kidney stones, please consult your doctor. Staying well hydrated with water is important for everyone, especially those who are stone formers. ---  Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

I won't forget the pain that I had,

I never felt a pain so bad,

Had to go for some care,

Where morphine was there, 

Pretty soon I was feeling glad!

Social Butterfly

@postman29  Sorry to hear you had stones too.  I bet you never thought it would be material for a limerick!  We are gather enough poems to publish a book.  "AARPs How To Craft A Limerick: You can too"  😄 ---  Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

Christine, sorry to hear you had 4! Ouch! I've been lucky so far. One was enough for me. I gained even more respect for women who go through labor after doc told me a kidney stone is almost as bad. Yikes! We men are so spoiled! On a serious note I wish you and your husband a very happy 1st Anniversary (saw that in one of your posts yesterday). Many more happy years ahead.   Steve

Social Butterfly

@postman29 Having birthed two babies and had kidney stones.  Stones more painful, especially for guys and their hhhmmm plumbing. 😄 So now when women are telling their "labor" stories, you can say, feel your pain! 

Thank you for your anniversary wishes.  ---  Christine 

Bronze Conversationalist

I walked into my Doctors office with a sack   told him I had a massive pain in my back. He opened the bag and laughed then he gagged  it was filled with years of gold bricks

Social Butterfly

@Travis55Chevy  Thank you for limerick!  It's important to follow the AA  BB  A   rhyming scheme when doing a traditional limerick.  I'm going to use yours for some inspiration and a framework:

At dentist office with a sack,

said I have a pain in my back.

He opened the bag,

and started to gag.

Was filled with dental plaque!

You've got the writing skills Gary.  Look forward to another Limerick.  ---  Christine

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP