Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 21 of 83

I suppose that my question would be this. If you can get the medicinal benefits of the cannabis plant through the use of CBD then why would I even bother with the marijuana type of cannabis? Granted, I have read many articles relating to how marijuana helps, but as a CBD user who has experienced delightful results from use I question if full blown marijuana is a necessity for for all but a small amount of us. I.e. why take Prilosec if Tums do the job just as well? My thoughts tend to go towards some just want to get "stoned". That is fine if it is legal and no worse than alcohol but is it overkill for some conditions that claim medicinal use? Maybe my thinking is obsolete.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 83

For medicinal practices it should be allowed for all others regulate it as you do achol and beer

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 83

I am for it! It is a great, safe outlet for retired people to spend a few hours of free time.I am pleased with AARP doing an article on it in the last issue. When the article came out I realized that I dont have to hide my desire to consume small ammounts whenever I am in the mood. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 83

I wish they would legalize it in New Jersey! Helps Arthritis, insomnia!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 83

i don't think it should be classified as a drug. it should be classified as a cigarette like any other. i don't understand why it is not. i personally don't smoke at all let alone marijuana but i don't understand why it's not classified as a cigarette?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 83

I want to buy some right away. I' ve been a smoker since I was 17. Only now since I moved into suburbia into a neighborhood where I don't know anyone, I have no source.

I am applying for medical marijuana at a doctor's appointment later this month.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 83

Until there's a way to measure sobriety I'm 100% against it. Also, everyone makes a big deal against smoking tobacco and now those same people are wanting to push for another smoking product?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 83

I feel if it would be legalized & doctors could help tell which strain helps what ailments it could benefit those struggling with severe health issues. If people want to smoke mj they'll find a way but it would be more beneficial if they had the right strain. It should be legal in all 50 states & each person's personal decision, NOT the government's. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 83

Hi, old hippie here. I've been smoking for 52 years but now the reason is a bit different. Then, it was to get high, get the giggles, be cool. Now, it's the giggles and to sleep. It doesn't take much. A few hits off the pipe and I'm good. Sometimes I get silly with friends, other times I get mellow with my cats and fall into a deeper sleep.  

I'm in NJ where they are fighting to legalize it but I 'd be much happier if they would just seriously decriminalize it. At 66 yrs old I really don't want to have to worry about getting busted if I've got a joint on me. I also do NOT drive while high. That's another worry about legalization. There are already enough nuts on the road (drunk, texting, on the phone) to worry about.

It's also very helpful to chemo patients. One side effect of chemo is loss of appetite and a side effect of weed is the munchies. That's a win-win as far as I'm concerned. I'm lucky that I had no bad side effects from chemo but others, not so much. You need to keep up your strength with all those strong drugs surging through your body. Marijuana can be extremely helpful in that regard.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you feel about cannabis?

Message 30 of 83

Home-grown of known strains is our protection from big Tobacco and Pharma taking cannabis away again. Never saw a fight at a cannabis-only party. Never had a blowout breakup of any attending couples either. Can't say that about alcohol included parties though.

Almost every ancient documentation that mentions cannabis notes it's medicinal properties. Why is this even in question anymore? Try it for yourself. Recommend Colorado and Washington State as they have had legal cannabis a long time and have gotten it right.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.