Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Windows 10 Changes for Passwords

Social Butterfly

Windows 10 Changes for Passwords

I hope everyone will be able to see and read this. I am a subscriber to PC Magazine. This article tells of a change on Windows 10 and the new ways to sign in.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/365748/new-windows-10-preview-furthers-microsofts-plan-to-kill-pas?utm_so...

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

My advice, if you use an MS account to sign into your computer, stop using it immediately!  You are allowing MS and partners to use your computing habits to market products to you by doing so!  It is best to have a local account sign in rather than the MS method for the issue above as well as a good number of others!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@RobertH489899 wrote:

My advice, if you use an MS account to sign into your computer, stop using it immediately!  You are allowing MS and partners to use your computing habits to market products to you by doing so!  It is best to have a local account sign in rather than the MS method for the issue above as well as a good number of others!

Coincidentally, the procedure that I used to get rid of Windows 10's sign-in screen required me to have a "local account."  But, now, Microsoft's aliases for me in their directories are quite confusing.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Microsoft has a long history of anti-ergonomic behavior.  I am still aggravated by the "You have Unused Icons on your Desktop" bubble message that appears in Windows XP.  When you close it once, it pops up again 5 seconds later, so you have to close it again.  And, it causes the task bar to pop up which blocks your view of the status bar of whatever program you are using.  I will never forgive Microsoft for that.  May they rot in Hell.  

With minor exceptions, all aliases, e.g., synonyms, are bad for technical purposes, which is not to say that some aliases aren't worse than others.  Passwords, PINs and SMS code are all synonyms for text that you have to remember and type in to use your computer.  If you live alone, they serve no purpose except to annoy you.  Yesterday, I spent about 5 hours setting up my Windows 10 so that there is no signin screen.  If Microsoft weren't so inept, there would be a single button on the start menu to disable signins.  Also there should be an option to display the text of passwords instead of "**********" because people with shaky hands tend to bounce the keys and buttons they press.  Thus, Microsoft discriminates against people with shaky hands, such as those afflicted with Parkinson's disease.  

BTW, worse, yet, Linux Mint requires a password for almost everything you do.   What is wrong with these people?

I also wasted time getting rid of the advertising in Windows 10.

Incidentally, I bought Windows 10 on Ebay for $45.  All editions were on one flash drive and the package included a tiny blurry photocopy of a label with a registration key.  I suspect that it was pirated software, but, the registration key worked without problem.  I laugh at all the suckers who paid around $100 for this aggravation.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP