Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why Does AARP Continue to Allow This

Message 1 of 3

Yes, please! Would really rather NOT see feet of quotes, it’s one of several reasons I’ve been avoiding some groups for years.

And when I see a post that intrigues me, Same feet of quotes appear.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why Does AARP Continue to Allow This

Message 2 of 3

Posters are lazy and they have direct control over hitting the "QUOTE" button and then not editing for relative content.

There are only a few major offenders but they are the reason why this happens and the longer it goes on in a thread where they are conversing with each other, the worse it gets.

What do you think Tech people can do about it ? 

• Do away with the "QUOTE" button?
  • Only "QUOTE" this part rather than the whole thing:  @mickstuder Re: Why Does AARP Continue to Allow This 06-13-2019 12:26 PM
  • sanction or penalize the offenders - that would take up too much of their time.
  • reject their post to a Loooonnnng "QUOTE" or series of them by going over an allotted number of charaters - forcing them to either edit the "QUOTE" portion or not respond. *

* This one seems to be the BEST option -

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Why Does AARP Continue to Allow This

Message 3 of 3

This Photo is representative of what Happens on Both my Cell Phone and on my Desktop when on the AARP Forums

The Text gets shrunk down in width - sometimes to a single character wide and goes on & on for several feet or more down the page

letters .png

Example - https://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/Trump-GOP-Want-to-Abolish-Consumer-Protections...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors