Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Why Does AARP Continue to Allow This

Honored Social Butterfly

Why Does AARP Continue to Allow This

This Photo is representative of what Happens on Both my Cell Phone and on my Desktop when on the AARP Forums

The Text gets shrunk down in width - sometimes to a single character wide and goes on & on for several feet or more down the page

letters .png

Example - https://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/Trump-GOP-Want-to-Abolish-Consumer-Protections...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

Posters are lazy and they have direct control over hitting the "QUOTE" button and then not editing for relative content.

There are only a few major offenders but they are the reason why this happens and the longer it goes on in a thread where they are conversing with each other, the worse it gets.

What do you think Tech people can do about it ? 

• Do away with the "QUOTE" button?
  • Only "QUOTE" this part rather than the whole thing:  @mickstuder Re: Why Does AARP Continue to Allow This 06-13-2019 12:26 PM
  • sanction or penalize the offenders - that would take up too much of their time.
  • reject their post to a Loooonnnng "QUOTE" or series of them by going over an allotted number of charaters - forcing them to either edit the "QUOTE" portion or not respond. *

* This one seems to be the BEST option -

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, please! Would really rather NOT see feet of quotes, it’s one of several reasons I’ve been avoiding some groups for years.

And when I see a post that intrigues me, Same feet of quotes appear.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP