Esteemed Social Butterfly

June 24 major update to Win10 news

Windows 10 may be getting a major update soon, or at least information on it, come June 24th.

Major Windows update 

Now, before any iPad users or latest greatest M1 chipset users get overly excited, cpu in Apples latest iMacs laptops etc.

Just like old Intel users had to get a firmware update, you’re in the hot seat for now.

Expect Apple will need to issue a firmware update to the CPU for M1RACLES

unpatchable mac-chip 

iPhone users a CVE number was recently released for us, for a flaw in the programming dating back to 2015, for all iOS users.

And approximately 1500 apps that weren’t thoroughly checked by Apple, before going on their web store.

I’ll post a link if I ever find it, may have been on hackread or wired.🤔

150 Million users of iOS and Apple products worldwide, they didn’t warn anyone. 

Ah, the joys of returning to work, post pandemic.Time to play before catch-up time, woohoo! I get 2 days off, before checking out 100 iPads, laptops and desktops, hopefully older versions of M series cpu.🤣🤬

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The great news is Updated all my computers last night, running Windows 10, including the upgrades from 7 and my newer I9’s built for Win10.

Including that pesky 2021-5 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 20H2.

Started @8:00 Pm, and finished at 1:10am.Only appeared to die “long pauses” at 20 and 40% just let it run and it completed the update.Long pauses of 2-3 hours.

For Apples M1 CPU issues in iPads, desktops and laptops, the great news is M1 CPU’s we’re only in computers sold this year.
If you have any other CPU  “like Intel” your Golden.

The good news is like the Intel 3,5,and 7 in Windows 7,8 and 10,

a simple firmware update should fix it. Honestly can’t recall where I ended getting my update for I 5 and I 7 CPU’s for Windows, too long ago. Probably from Intel,, vs M$.

Just a roll of the 🎲 🎲 dice if Apple will tell you what the update is for. Proprietary everything that they are.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

View solution in original post

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

The great news is Updated all my computers last night, running Windows 10, including the upgrades from 7 and my newer I9’s built for Win10.

Including that pesky 2021-5 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 20H2.

Started @8:00 Pm, and finished at 1:10am.Only appeared to die “long pauses” at 20 and 40% just let it run and it completed the update.Long pauses of 2-3 hours.

For Apples M1 CPU issues in iPads, desktops and laptops, the great news is M1 CPU’s we’re only in computers sold this year.
If you have any other CPU  “like Intel” your Golden.

The good news is like the Intel 3,5,and 7 in Windows 7,8 and 10,

a simple firmware update should fix it. Honestly can’t recall where I ended getting my update for I 5 and I 7 CPU’s for Windows, too long ago. Probably from Intel,, vs M$.

Just a roll of the 🎲 🎲 dice if Apple will tell you what the update is for. Proprietary everything that they are.

Froze

View solution in original post

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos