Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Hacked versions of iOS apps in store

Honored Social Butterfly

Hacked versions of iOS apps in store

You might like to review the list of any “free??” Apps downloaded, lately.

https://www.hackread.com/hacked-versions-of-ios-games-on-app-store/

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Recognized Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem  Just saw this.  I am paranoid about money transactions on iphone but do make the odd small deposits.  Then I remove the bank app.  Not sure if this will save me though. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Think if you set passcodes or fingerprint reader at least to login initially on iPhone you should be safe.I worry about those that just let phone open with no passcodes or fingerprints or facial recognition.

Banking apps from banks should be safe, unless Wells Fargo issued (-IMHO-) no trust for them.

But, iPhone and keychain with 30-character passwords set by iOS or by antivirus providers, should be safer to use than anything you or I might come up with.

Yes, I did use the words could/should/ might be safer🤣.

Initial comment came from me, and I’m still reading of Android phones hacked through use of gummy bears or tape.😆 and photos of people to pass facial recognition.

Properly created software by banking institutions are expected to work on download from “Stores”, it’s the generic and free stuff for games that still scare me and I would have no faith in downloading. Or the below cost software games that might retail at $20 and today only are for sale by other than the maker for $2.99 I’d be suspect of.

Those I’d suspect more for being troublesome or a problem, designed by hackers to hack, backdoors built-in for the sole purpose of stealing your info.

Someday I dream of no longer needing to read this much daily, 

If paranoia works for you go for it, remove the app after usage.

But, consider letting your iPhone create those 30 character passwords into your accounts of upper and lower case, intermixed with numbers and hyphens for pure joy.

Just remember to keep that password for every time you download the app again. Keep it in your keychain or password manager on phone and/or computer.

* Note - to all Android users, most of my reading of exploits against cellphones involve Android vs iPhone. Reason I tend to have limited faith regarding Android (my opinion).

You do have bigger screens and cheaper prices but, I think I’ll remain  in iOS land for now.👍

And as long as my phone remains up to date, and usable memory wise guess what I’ll continue to use, besides an iPhone 7 with 128 Gb is still around the same price as a new Galaxy, etc.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

@Frozenoem   Have not heard of 30 character passwords!   Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

They’ve been built into iPhone since at least iOS 12 version, and some antivirus or security programs for awhile.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2018/09/how-create-strong-passwords-ios-12.html

Beat all heckouta other remembered passwords, for security, tougher to crack.

Is better in the long big run, and to date (subject to change) no issues.

Froze

@Frozenoem   Thank you, I am bookmarking to update my password  when my brain returns to working order.   I am really scattered all over the place both yesterday & today!

Honored Social Butterfly

@Epster 

No problem.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks for looking out for us, @Frozenoem. 🙂

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP