Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

HOW DO I CONNECT MY FITBIT TO AARP TO RECEIVE POINTS?

Contributor

Contributor

I hit the fitbit icon but nothing happens.  Not syncing.  Does this not work anymore?

Contributor

Same thing happened to me!

Contributor

I cannot find the info about my fitbit on the aarp site.

Social Butterfly

Making a correction to my prior post, use this link,

http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/fitness/

Contributor

all it does is take us to the link to connect the fitbit.  I've done that.  I don't find any link to see that it's connected on the aarp site. ugh

Contributor

Spoiler
What it does is shows your Fitbit or if you connect with health on your phone it shows a heart
0 Kudos
Contributor

In your Fitbit app on your smartphone follow the directions below:

FITBIT APP
  1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon (User-added image).
  2. Scroll down and tap or click Manage Data > Manage 3rd Party Apps.
  3. Log in to your Fitbit account.
  4. Tap Revoke Access to disconnect an app from your Fitbit account. 

If you've already authorized access through your AARP account you should see a confirmation that the app is now connected.

Social Butterfly

@ThomasC592345   To whom are you replying? This is quite an old topic and the OP started it in Oct. 2016. Last post, before yours, was mine in Feb. 2018. I hope anyone needing to connect or disconnect their Fitbit has figured out how by now.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Start with your fitbit account and have all the bluetooth connections up and connected.

Then with sync your fitbit to AARP

https://www.aarp.org/rewards/earn/fitness/?cmp=EMC-DSM-NLC-OTH-REWARDS-20191227_RewardsNewsletter_Cl...

Half way down this page look on the right - It will ask you to log into your account

If you want to double check it:

1. Open up the fitbit app (on a computer is best - didn't find the icon on phone app or tablet)
  2. One the main screen (DASHBOARD) on the top towards the right hand side there is an icon for your fitbit (I have a charge 2 - so that's whats shown)
  3. Double click on that icon
  4. That leads you to (management page?) which has two columns
  5. move your cursor between the two columns (skinny vertical line) and the scroll bar for the left column widens so you can grab it
  6. go down until you see "Manage Data" and click on that
  7. In the right column click "Manage 3rd party apps", click on that
  8. Scroll down - AARP should be listed.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@jenniferb6  Click on your User Name>My Account>View and Edit My Account and you should see this at the bottom left.AARPFitbit.JPG

See my image in Message #6.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Sorry, but when I goto "My Account", there is now "View" nor "Edit my Account". 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@JohnN175968  Are you wanting to connect or disconnect your Fitbit.

There has been a change when you look at, My Account. I did not find a way to disconnect a Fitbit. If you want to connect then visit Rewards for Good.

Maybe someone from AARP can tell us how to disconnect, if one wants to.

Click on this link, http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/fitness/ , and Connect Your Fitbit then you should see this, see image below, and have a choice to Allow or Deny AARP access to your Fitbit information.

AARPandFitbit22018.PNG

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am not seeing the picture you see.  I have been trying to connect my fitbit for the longest and have been unable to.  Tried many differeny ways.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Download AARP Now then go to rewards. Hit arrow and it tells you to sync tracker

0 Kudos
Contributor

Download AARP now and it has a place for connecting tracker

0 Kudos
Contributor

Where does it tell me howto?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mc60639043    I don't think AARP keeps track of Fitbit information anymore. I did find this so you can try it.

https://www.help.aarp/s/article/Connect-fitness-tracker

0 Kudos
Contributor

Nothing that states connect Fitbit when I follow those steps....

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@TLMCCARTY Use this link, http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/fitness/ , sorry about my prior post not working.

Social Butterfly

I will add this image, after connecting your Fitbit using the prior link I posted you can Refresh or Disconnect your Fitbit from your account. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

AARPMyAccountFitbit.JPG

Social Butterfly

I will add this image, after connecting your Fitbit using the prior link I posted you can Refresh or Disconnect your Fitbit from your account.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP