Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Can you stream AARP events on TV?

Periodic Contributor

Can you stream AARP events on TV?

I would like to stream AARP concerts, One Day University classes and any other events on my TV maybe via ROKU or other streaming devices. Does anyone know if this can be done and how? I know if it goes to Youtube it can be streamed but many events do not and it would great to be able to watch the live event on a TV. It would be very convenient and more comfortable to watch. Also, I would think caregivers would appreciate it for their charges to be able to watch easily.

I have never seen this on any posts so maybe I am the only one who does not know about it. Thanks for any answers anyone has.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Periodic Contributor

Yes, thanks. I can get AARP Youtube channel on my TV which works for the events that go to Youtube. I will also try your suggestion of casting for the live events from my computer or my phone. I did not think of that so I appreciate your suggestions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@raelward 

What type of computer do you have? Have you ever tried to cast or project it to your TV? Do you have a Smart TV that you can use a browser to get to sites online? I haven't ever tried any of these myself, but it should be possible. See link below image to AARP videos etc. that are available on You Tube.

AARPProjectTV122021.jpg

AARP Livestreams - YouTube

Here are a couple of images from one of my TV's that has ROKU. Have you looked/searched for AARP on your TV?

AARPonROKU.jpg

AARPonROKU2.jpg

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Casting to the TV is not something I have tried yet. Thanks for suggesting it. I will give it a try.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@raelward Did you see the ROKU images I just added?

0 Kudos

Hi, I don't see any images that you added.  I'm super interested in being able to stream AARP events on my Roku player.  For example, we just watched an AARP Film for Grownups on my computer, but it would have been way more comfortable if we could have watched on my TV using the Roku player.  I just searched the Roku channels for AARP and came up empty.  Any ideas about how to solve this problem would be most appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@PattiS221563 

Be sure to click on, Read More. The images should show.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Yes you can watch AARP Movies For Grownups on your TV with your Roku or other devices:

First click here --->  Back to All Movies for Grownups Screenings | AARP Movies for Grownups Screenings

On new page/ tab - sign in at top right -->  Login

Click on ---> Frequently Asked Questions -- you will see instructions for Roku and other devices and other information. They will send you a six digit code to install the ' Roku - Eventive app/ channel ' in real time to your Roku - you are in!

If you register to see a movie - AARP/ Eventive will send you an email acknowledging/ confirming your registration.

On the day of event they will send you an email/ reminder. Follow instructions. They may ask you to do a ' Device Compatibility Test ' and/ or a ' Six Digit Code '   from an email / PC to your Roku connected T V - do it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition there is AARP Theater Shows

Click here ----> Back to All AARP Theater Shows | AARP Theater

😎  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes, thanks. I can get AARP Youtube channel on my TV which works for the events that go to Youtube. I will also try your suggestion of casting for the live events from my computer or my phone. I did not think of that so I appreciate your suggestions.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP