Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

13.1.3 for iPhone & iPads out

Honored Social Butterfly

13.1.3 for iPhone & iPads out

Today whole bunch of fixed, wonder what we might get next week.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/10/15/ios-13-1-3-released/

Only slightly tongue in cheek on that one, cause Androids had an update come out to fix a 0-day .Which you should have downloaded by now.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Got the 13.1.3 update and all seemed copacetic... for a few days.  Now back with syncing problems, Fitbit/bluetooth issues, wifi.  Wifi shows connected in Settings, but not the bar at top.  Trying to monitor whether data or wifi is being used.  Did the prelim resets, reboots, but alas, looks like when I have the time, will have to get serious and take the effort to research, forget, uninstall, reinstall, reset, reboot and do it all over again.  Hoping that all will magically kick back in gear, but until it or I fix it, will have to use Samsung tablet to sync and connect.  What a drag.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

There is a new update in beta testing for iPhones, I'm hoping it's NOT in 2 weeks like the rest have been dropping.

My BT, wifi, etc are behaving nicely for the moment. But, my email app sometimes requires a reboot of phone to get something other than a blank screen of white (only in the app).

With Android - update it to 10 or whatever your flavor is.

https://www.arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/10/attackers-exploit-0day-vulnerability-that...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehackernews.com/2019/10/android-kernel-vulnerability.html%3Famp%3D1

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The gods were with me because the iPhone 'magically kicked back into gear' after only one more, maybe two, reboots.  Not sure if it was a prob with the network(s), but don't think so, since phone was the only one acting wonky.

Android tablet was fine.  In fact, I had to sync Fitbit through app on Samsung or computer and then update the info on iPhone through wifi connection.

I read some complaints emerging about 13.1.3 included connectivity issues.  And again, this last update addresses BT problems with audio and/or carplay connections.  However, my speaker and earbuds paired and operated seamlessly, but not Fitbit.

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Fitibt is aware of problems of connectivity for some and iPhones after iOS 13.1.3.

You could check community. Fitbit or perhaps try this link.

https://www.ikream.com/2019/10/how-to-fix-an-apple-iphone-xs-max-to-wont-sync-with-fitbit-troublesho...

I removed my Fitbit from drawer and had no trouble connecting it to my 7S. Yep, from drawer needs a full charge after I find the cord 60 USB cords, I may have an issue.

Think it may be time to clean out the desk drawers. Hadn't seen that Coolpix or A1 Nikon Or Leica 1A in years.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem, thanks for the handy-dandy tips.  I did try most of the steps mentioned the first time my Fitbits went MIA.  I finally found the solution that worked at the Fitbit community which was basically a concerted conglomeration of said steps.  One thing I learned or figured out is turn off any BT on any other devices in the area.  Turned off Android tablet and things started happening for the better.  I guess iPhone/iPad doesn't play well with competing BTs (which is not necessarily a bad thing, just can be a PITA).  Once FBit was up and humming again, I turned Android BT back on and all was fine until the latest hiccup.  For now, it seems to have found its groove again on its own *knocking on wood* and I'm not questioning or messing with it.

It's times like these I keep telling myself technology is a good thing.  How else could I tell how much REM sleep I'm getting?  Woman LOL

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Looks like iOS update and patches coming in November to 14. Something dare I pray for fixes for all phones.

At least judging by beta, partners playing with. He's been Apple fan boi since dual floppy disk Apple computer. 

Froze

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Answered my own question, there may be a new patch in works to fix/patch battery issues and dropped calls coming from Apple.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/ios-13-1-3-brings-a-bunch-of-bug-fixes-to-iphone-and-ipad-but-no-relie...

One of the updates 13.1? Perhaps actually gave me a fix or instructions to stop hearing the phone ring from callers unknown, now they go directly to mailbox or recents.

If you have an iPhone really suggest watching the videos on 9to5mac.com for 200 changes for the better in iPhone.

This link should get you iPhone happiness, sure gave me a nights sleep, after viewing the above mentioned video. It's a 48 minute video of changes for the better.

https://youtu.be/vDiQsI18Zk4

Froze

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP