Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Looking for Input from Working Caregivers (and Employers Interested in Offering Caregiving Benefits)

AARP Expert

Looking for Input from Working Caregivers (and Employers Interested in Offering Caregiving Benefits)

Hello! Cross-posting this from the Work and Jobs Board.   

I was forced out of my job at the expiration of taking FMLA leave to caregive for a parent.  My company had no resources or training on how to properly manage a caregiver-employee.  It was not an unusual thing to happen -- up to 40% of caregivers leave their jobs.  Scores more take reduced schedules, get passed over for promotions, or retire altogether.   And it created a passion in me to advocate for working caregivers.

I'd like to hear from you if you are working while trying to balance caregiving at home (or if you work for or own a company that you think should offer caregiving benefits).  What do you think would be the most helpful resource to make life easier?  What has been the hardest struggle in trying to "do it all?"  I'll address some of your questions in the upcoming two-part AARP Webinar Juggling it All: Tips for Working Caregivers.

You can register through these links and please let others know about the event:

Part 1:

https://onlinexperiences.com/Launch/QReg/ShowKey=50673&LangLocaleID=1033

Part 2:

https://onlinexperiences.com/Launch/QReg/ShowKey=50674&LangLocaleID=1033

Amanda Singleton
All posts are intended to convey general information only and not to provide legal advice or opinions. The posting and viewing of the information in this community should not be construed as, and should not be relied upon for, legal or tax advice in any particular circumstance or fact situation. The information presented may not reflect the most current legal developments. An attorney should be contacted for advice on specific legal issues. Nothing written in this community is intended to create an attorney‑client relationship. An attorney-client relationship may only be established through direct attorney‑to‑client communication that is confirmed by the execution of an engagement agreement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP