Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: How Do You Ask for Help?

Message 11 of 13

Asking for help from others is one of the most difficult tasks for a caregiver. Most caregivers often feel that he or she must do everything on their own. It is important to ask for help while realizing that the answer may be "no" or you may not receive the exact type of help that you are seeking. You also must accept that help will never be provide in the same way that you "provide help." But all caregivers need some type of help. There are all types of help. You may ask for a friend to watch your loved one while you do chores in our outside of your home or simply take a walk, you can let your church, synagogue or neighbors know that you need assistance and let them prepare a few meals. Never assume that others know that you need help even thought that would be nice. Caretakers need to find ways to care for themselves. 

-Attend a Caregivers group

-Exercise

-Talk to a friend

-Read a book

Most important of all let others help you

Advice from Dr. Marcy 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How Do You Ask for Help?

Message 12 of 13

I have no brothers or sisters so I basically had to do it on my own.  May I just throw this in.  I got zero help from the catholic church.

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views
Replies

How Do You Ask for Help?

Message 13 of 13

Do you have family that is less enthusastic to help you with your caregiving needs? Has it been difficult to ask for help? What has happened when you tried? If you are discouraged, here are some tips on how to get the help you deserve. READ HERE

1140-adult-children-caregiving-help.imgcache.rev62cc1b2e0fd0aa6769bbd0e087c97b87.jpg

What's missing from this list? 

AARPJen
Caregiving Concierge
Kudos
Views
Replies