From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What would you do with a sudden windfall of money?

Message 711 of 737

The first rule is to shut up. So many want to blab about their good fortune but don't know beans about how to handle it or themselves. I know of ine peeson who sat on his winning ticket for almost a whole year before cashing in. It wasn't because he didn't know it but he waited until everyone forgot about it. Then I would go out and invest it under the professional advice. But only after I pay my debts and mive to better quarters. Then I would travel.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 712 of 737

If I received a large windfall of money (lottery?) I would give to my brother and his family so they would not have to worry anymore, give money to charity (please don't call!) and invest some, as well as save some.  I have very few needs myself, not that I am wealthy, but I don't have the need to buy things I don't need. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 713 of 737

Depending on amount, I would first thank my Higher Power, then pay off my bills, really retire (working part time at 74), and quilt,sew and travel!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 714 of 737

pay off my debts, divide up so much for my children, and work part time just to stay busy.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 715 of 737

I would pay off ALL of our bills, build a home and buy the necessary vehicles.  I would also give some money to immediate family members, as well as donate to a variety of charities.  Somewhere along the line, I'd take a trip to Ireland.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Looking forward...

Message 716 of 737

What I would do is give my two children a very large portion to take care of themselves and enjoy life while they are young, create life accounts (buy house, car, etc.) for my seven grandchildren, and education/what they want accounts for my eight great-grandchildren.

For myself and spouse: pay everything off, buy luxury RV, matching motorcycles, small plane, and adventure through the rest of our lives!

~Sharon~
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 717 of 737

First, I would take a trip to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab UT to volunteer & make an in-person donation.  Then I'd buy a house with enough room to have people over for dinners & such (I live in a small apartment), move my dad in with me (he's currently in a nursing home) and hire a nurse for him for things that I'm not qualified to handle.  Then I'd open savings accounts for all 5 of my grandsons.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 718 of 737

I would rent a bigger apartment and build a studio space in the garage. Then I would paint and make art prints to sell in galleries. I could do it now, but I have no inventory and no space to work in. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 719 of 737

Set up a modest Trust Fund for each of my grandchildren and give the rest to charity

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 720 of 737

1. Set up a trust to pay college costs for grand nieces and nephews. 2. Pay off mortgage.  3. Make a large contribution to local Head Start organization. 4. Buy small vacation home in San Miguel de Allende. 5. Travel - and travel some more.

Kudos
Views