Highlighted
Contributor

Re: If my Mortgage was paid for a year?

Message 31 of 38

I would either continue paying the amount I pay now that is already budgeted toward mortgage principal or I would invest 1/2 that amount in my husbands 401K plan and 1/2 the amount in my 401K.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 32 of 38

First of all, a contract showing proof 12 payments will be made to my mortgage company is the beginning. Next up is taking 6 months off ( I sell seasonal products) to relax in some warm climate without any worry. The other 6 months would be back on job and saving a huge amount of money. This is a win, win for myself and my family.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 33 of 38

I am a veteran, I would enjoy my good fortune and share half of it with a veteran in need.

Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

Message 34 of 38

Peopleour age should not have mortgages.  Mine was paid off years ago.  It sure helps the bottom line.  PLAN, folks!

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 35 of 38

I would pay off charge card and home improvement loan, what was left I would but into a savings to have when the payment start back up. Thank you for the dreams

Vernon Freeck
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 36 of 38

First, I would use the extra money to pay off all my other accounts.  If there was any left, I would put it away into a savings account for future needs.  My husband and I live off of our Social Security and at the moment, we are extremely stretched for money as we have been helping our son and grandson.  I know - they are adults and should not have to need help; however, how does a mother say "no" when their child is going through hard times through no fault of their own?

Contributor

Message 37 of 38

IF MY MORTGAGE WAS PAID FOR A YEAR I WOULD HAVE MY FRENCH DRAINS REPAIRED,APPLY MORE MONEY TO THE CHARITIES THAT I SUPPORT DURING THE YEAR AND TAKE A SHORT VACATION WITH MY WIFE TO VISIT OUR FAMILIES.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 38 of 38

Would this payment a onetime lump to principle or on a monthly basis for one year? One would still have to pay Interst and taxes .but with the money saved On mortgaged payments

I would save some for the following year payments and take a mini weekend vacation😎

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.

Top Authors