Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

depression

health is important these days the most.especially our elders need much attention.

depression is found in old age people and teenagers mostly.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @VishalG394974, echoing @Rhymesometimes's gratitude for bringing this topic up. Depression affects so many people, and it's vital for us to normalize conversations about it. Like Christine, I use art to express my feelings, and my current medium of choice is watercolor. I pick some colors to reflect my mood/emotional state, and then I make watercolor washes with those colors. I've also found that gardening brings me a lot of joy 🌻

Social Butterfly

@VishalG394974  Having had my struggles with depression and anxiety, I'm so glad you brought this topic up on the forum. Latest "expressive therapy" has been doing simple line drawings in ink/ water colors.  It's one of the most enjoyable things I do. ( other than limericks for the past few weeks )  add it to custom poems my husband and I write, then he adds beautiful calligraphy and we send it to family and friends.  We don't share those poems with others, letting the recipient share as they like.ink AARP.jpg

As you can see, starting with super simple line drawings.  Hoping to improve my technique. 

---  Christine

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP