Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Yet another multiple-shooting here in Vegas...

Regular Social Butterfly

Yet another multiple-shooting here in Vegas...

I know many will not understand our grief following yet another mass shooting... but we are feeling very lonely and maybe many don't know we feel these events to our core; every time this happens it touches us deeply and personally!

When Columbine happened, we, there, knew something needed to happen to end that madness. Now, 23+ years later, we still know something needs to happen! How do we do this? PLEASE!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

When we realize at a cultural level that mass shootings like this and rationalized warfare between organized groups are the same thing we can start fixing the problem permanently.

Stop listening to the psychopaths who blame it on immutable 'Human Nature' while they get rich arguing about legislation, promoting the need for 'Responsible Gun (weapons) Ownership' and investing in weapons manufacturers.

Simple Not Easy

Regular Contributor

....too sad for words.

My wife is in the media.  She interviewed the chief medical doctor treating the victims of the 2017 shooting.  I heard some of the tapes.  Needless to say, was a complete horror show.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman wrote:

When Columbine happened, we, there, knew something needed to happen to end that madness. Now, 23+ years later, we still know something needs to happen!

As we are not allowed to discuss politics, I will say this in a non-partisan manner.

IN THIS PRESENT POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT, CERTAIN PEOPLE ARE PROPOSING EVEN MORE RELAXED GUN LAWS.

HERE IN NC, YOU CAN CARRY CONCEALED WEAPONS INTO PLACES OF WORSHIP.

What does that tell ya'??????

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Maybe the place to put such a conversation is on the Grief and Loss AARP Community Board - seems the limits there have already been stretched and like @WebWiseWoman said it is grief and many of the other feelings that go along with this emotion.

Talking about grief and loss is an acceptable conversation - guns (with politics) not so much on this board.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP