Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Inspired - Restorative Sleep

GettyImages-103058113.jpg.jpgPoor sleep is tied to declines in memory, mood and creativity. Neuroscientists have long suspected that the poor sleep older people often experience contributes to age-related cognitive decline, and studies at the Sleep and Neuroimaging Laboratory at the University of California, Berkeley, point to structural changes in the middle frontal lobe of the brain that develop slowly as we age. These changes interfere with the deep, restorative sleep necessary for the formation of long-term memories.

Get inspired with sleep scientist Matt Walker as he shares the wonderfully good things that happen when you get sleep. Learn more about sleep's impact on your learning, memory, immune system and even your genetic code – as well as some helpful tips for getting some shut-eye.

For more brain health information, visit AARP Staying Sharp today.

Bronze Conversationalist

This has become an especially big topic in my family as both my husband and I were diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. Now after being treated, we are seeing significant positive results in our health. We never realized just how important sleep is to us!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear you are seeing significant positive results from your diagnoses @TheSuzyQ Getting real rest is vital to overall health! 😴

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP